Ak mag compatibility

hey man that handguard is epic, where did you get it?

1 Like

From AzraelsArmoury. They no longer stock the item AFAIK.

APS AK74L. Was first decent AK type to hit Oz.

1 Like

thats a shame, do you know of any other brands which can get a mlok handguard

1 Like

No sorry mate unaware. Hopefully somebody else knows.

For some reason, all my AKs look as Mikhail Kalashnikov intended and I have never looked to add capitalist parts to them. I even felt a bit dirty putting optics and rails on my MP5.

I have seen on the GSAU discord channel some guys putting parts on them, though most are zenitco repros, which really only add picatinny rails., also it looks like they have been importing them from AS retailers.

Have seen a few similar “tactical handguards” for the RX aks, but they may not have a typical fit as APS and double tend to, RX did a lot of propietary parts.

Is someone able to tell me what the difference is between STS and Alpha King mags are?
Is it possible to modify STS mags to work in Alpha King AKs?

Cheers :sunglasses:

I can only say that Alphaking mags are sometimes bad at feeding gels. So if you can modify STS mags to work with alphaking aks, then please do it.

It’s for that exact reason and also the availability of Alpha Mags, is why I am asking this haha.
They look basically identical but I’ve heard they aren’t interchangeable. I’m just trying to figure out if all it takes is a bit of filing to get them to fit :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply, meant to answer a while back but forgot all about it. You’ve probably found out by now, but if not -
The Alpha King and STS mags may look identical, but are not.
Internals - Alpha King on left, STS on right.
That Alpha King has had the usual mods - 3D printed wedge at bottom to fill that void where the gels used to sit, gear axles glued to stop spinning under load, and faster motor.

But the big difference is the feed tube position - STS on left, Alpha King on right. The Alpha King has that long t-piece that looks like it is fitted backwards when you first see it.

4 Likes

Appreciate the comparison!
I’ve found a 3D file for an alpha king t-piece that apparently allows the use of sts/mst mags. Keen to see if the sts mags sit nicer compared to the alphas.

If it works, any chance I could buy a couple off you to try?
With the feed tube back towards the gearbox, maybe I could get some other cylinder head/nozzle combos to work in one. Instead of that looong one it uses now :grin:

3 Likes

I’m happy to send you some when I am able to print them! However, on this t-piece file the feed tube is in its original spot but angles back towards where the sts mag feed is. So I dont know if you’d have much luck using other nozzle/cylinder head setups :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

Here’s the file: STL file CPAK(AKA)to STS tee joint 🔫 ・3D printing design to download・Cults

Thanks for the offer, appreciate it.
I see what you mean about the position of the feed tube into the t-piece. Not that the stock head/nozzle doesn’t work, I just would have liked to try some others that aren’t so long.
Even if the mst mag works with that t-piece, I think you may still have to put a faster motor in it. I ran one just off a battery, and it doesn’t sound much different to the stock Alpha King one.

1 Like