Recommended beginner gun?

Nope, that is terrible value. A gen 9 is about 100 AUD, it already comes with a spare handguard in the box anyway, and those gels are awful quality.

https://gbxgelball.com.au/product-category/gel-blasters/

Take a squizz at this, instead. They’re a bit more expensive, and they don’t come with a battery by default, but.

1. They’re full metal, inside and out. Receiver, gearbox, gears, hand guard, outer barrel, buffer tube, all of it.
  2. They’re not being sold by Renegade, who have an awful reputation, and are no longer a registered business.
4 Likes

Be careful of Renegade. They are closing down and service has been less than acceptable

1 Like

You’ve got better choices than some of us had back in the Gen 8 days, for sure… :laughing:

The GBX M4 is a solid choice if you want to rock full metal, 270-310 (qouted OOTB fps)… nothing shabby about that, and a lot cheaper than a most metal blasters at $220.

The Double Bell nylon M4s are hotter, around 350fps OOTB but not full metal… metal box and gears tho… seem pretty reasonable, X-Force have them on sale atm for $259.

Considering some sellers are willing to charge that much for a full nylon JM Gen 9 both are pretty good value imho.

2 Likes

Great reply, good information and totally agree :+1:

The double bell seems fine to me, I used it without the hop up. Will fiddle around with that later to hopefully get more accuracy. As long as it doesn’t break I’ll be happy.

Side note: I got quoted $250 for the GBX M4.

yeah, i woulda gone for any other store but im on a budget and since it as 50% off it was my best bet

1 Like

You can’t go too far wrong at $120 I’d think. If it gives you any fun at all you’ve gotten value. =)

Probably best to resist the urge to plug in an 11v battery.

1 Like

If a Gen9’s what you opted for and got it for 50% off that $239 pricetag, for the money you could have done worse. It’ll get you pew pewing… :wink:

I started out with a He Punisher M4… by comparison, a Gen9’s streets ahead as a starter blaster.

If you’re anything like the rest of us in here, your first blaster definitely won’t be your last :joy: plenty of time to suss out what you really like when you buy your second… third… fourth… :rofl:

1 Like

If you want a good cheap first blaster in nylon a cyma cqb/mk18 is a good base. They take standard v2 parts, and are pretty reliable in stock form.
Currently the GBX JG offerings are the best value, sold out on their website, but I know he has about 20 left if you can make it to the Twin Waters (sunshine coast) field. I couldn’t get it out of them whether they are getting more though.

2 Likes