AA12 Shell Ejecting Shotgun

Picked up one of those new AA12 from X-force yesterday, haven’t had a chance to play around with it yet but will update as I go.
For now some preliminary pics and observations

The gel version comes with an inner barrel that is held captive by the muzzle, the shells are the same sort as the AKA shells with the gels being in a line, I could fit 6 comfortably.

I got a faulty unit right off with it missing that black rubber on the inside face of the inner barrel, so the shells wouldn’t seal, but X-force swapped it, it looks like it’s just glued on so its only a matter of time before it comes off.

Good battery space and will hold a full length stick wired to mini Tamiya. Comes with a 7.4v but for some reason it refuses to run on 11v batteries, only 7.4v.

Haven’t had time to open it up yet, there’s a number of screws that seem like they hold it together but upon removing them nothing budged, oddly there’s nothing on the Butt end seeming holding it together but it’s got no give as if it’s been glued, but will have a more thorough try when I get enough time.

3 Likes

Congrats.!!

Typical QC of a china build…
Pay a fortune, and get one with bits missing!!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Gotta love Gel…!!

Keep the updates coming…

Mine won’t even work with the battery plugged in, sent it back already :pensive:

You can hear the motor trying to do something on the 11, that little tick noise like it’s pushing on a gear, but it doesn’t cycle or anything.

Can’t imagine there’d be a FCU in there limiting the voltage or something.

Faults aside, that does look the shit! :heart_eyes:

Damn… might have to add another to the list :thinking:

What fps is that thing pumping out? i have heard the other nerf/gel shottie was only hitting about 160 fps

Haven’t had time to test it out properly yet between work and that inner barrel, firing 6 gels per shell it won’t be that great.

Won’t be till Tuesday before I get to test it more.

So having a play with it today;

• I’m yet to get it to shoot any kind of distance, it seems like it’s a combination of lack of spring/ air seal and barrel friction cause it’s not even remotely polished inside.

• the only battery it wants to cycle with is the one it comes with, regardless of brand, voltage or type. I have zero clue why this is the case.

• I can’t figure out how to open the shell to get to the gearbox, I’ve taken ever visible screw out but the shell remains closed, it seems like it might be glued together for some reason, unless I’m missing something.

-the rubber on the replacement barrel I had gotten cure enough came off, looked to be held on with very minimal glue, used some gorilla glue and it’s held on pretty well so far.
The rubber is very firm so I wonder if a softer rubber or silicone might be better to seal with the shells.

So far very disappointed even not having had high expectations.

Thanks for the honest review and heads up.

Are you going to keep it, or return it.??

This model didn’t really interest me, so i stayed away.
I figure the people who get one, really want that model.

Like the old APS shotguns, i got them as i just wanted the model.
I knew the shells had issues, didn’t care, i simply wanted the models to collect.

It does piss you off though, when you spend that type of money, you should expect it to work.

Flawlessly. Out of the box.

Maybe they’ll get a lot of returns, if the model doesn’t perform.

I keep thinking of the $50 SPAS in the states…3 BB’s per shot, 1/2 way through an apple… what a bargain.

Here, we pay a small fortune, for a product that performs dubiously, and our VIC / NSW bretheren would say were lucky to even have that…

Here’s hoping the pulse rifles are well and truly sorted when they arrive…

I saw footage on X-Force’s webpage of the Pulse rifle firing through a chrono…

Couldn’t quite read the figures but it looked like around 270FPS… not bad. :thinking:

What I didn’t like though was the sound of the gearbox… maybe it was down to sound quality on the vid but it sounded like a factory non-shimmed Bing Feng box in an EBR to my ear, like it needed a good sorting out. :man_shrugging:

Be interesting to see everyone’ out of the box impressions when they’re finally delivered.

270 fps.? I would have hoped for a bit more…
300 fps is the magic number, for range / accuracy / field acceptance…

Can you post a link to the vid.?
I’m not signed up to their F/B group, so I cant see it.

I hope its only a sound thing, my snow wolf P/R in NZ ran a treat, 370-390 fps out of the box, humming along. I dont know what gearbox it ran standard though.

With my custom build, using the nylon thommy box, I made sure the gearbox was sorted. Installed quality motor and metal gears, shimmed, longer custom Double Bell barrel, and a M100 spring.

It still does 350+ fps, 1500 rpm on a 11.4 volt. Awesome result from Ray.

I wanna see how the newer magazines hold up.
And, if they have the ammo counter working any better…

Couple of thoughts.

Can you get a multimeter and measure the oem battery.

The shell might be like the old Lehui AUG where you needed a flat blade screwdriver to pop the shell halves apart.

Haven’t got my own multimeter but can acquire one. It’s weird cause it’s one of those checker batteries but it’s like 2 of those CR cell together.

Tried with a screwdriver, even a hobby blade but no movement, which makes me think it’s glued, you can even see thru the gap and those alignment posts.

1 Like

@BME here ya go… on Youtube as a short reel.

2 Likes

I’ll probably keep it, they did give me a bit of a discount on it for being a sorta guinea pig, but also as a collectable.

I was more excited when I heard about the Saiga being a thing, but that was a let down.

Would it be maybe 2x 18650’s or something like that.

Pity about the shell. Can take some force with the posts but if they have used glue you don’t want to break it.

Hmm. Pain in butt.

I just thought, what would you be looking for with the multimeter? I use a balance charger that displays the overall and individual cell voltages.

1 Like

Individual cell voltages

It reads like any other 7.4v battery, when charged it gets up to like 8.4 total (4.2/4.2)

What about dimensions or a pic of it will help. Cheers