Accidental Binary trigger

Hey dudes. The chronicles of the cyma scar continues. I was just mucking around with it and it occasionally goes 2 shots to one trigger pull. Would this be a symptom of forked triggers contacts or something of the like?

It is more likely overspin.
If it has just started doing it but had never done it before it could be the main spring has compressed a bit and no longer provides the resistance in the gear train to stop after a single cycle.

It can be easily remedied several ways.
Use a 7v battery. But that is boring.
Larger spring or new spring… or a more high torque motor. A ndfeb motor will stop faster than a stock ferrous magnet motor, even if they have the same speed.

Also but more rare, the cutoff lever can be worn or the cutoff lever spring.
or the trigger switch trolley can be worn. Generally trigger trolley being worn is far more common, but both trolley and cutoff lever spring can be a bit of the same problem.

1 Like

Thanks for the advice. It did cop a fair flogging over the weekend on single fire from memory it’s an m115 spring or something like that snd it’s a fairly new motor.

Its a bit of a prick to reassemble so maybe i missed something there.

Gone through and replaced every spring i could find. If i baby the trigger i get either a burst or full auto with semi selected. If I’m deliberate with the trigger it seems to be one shot.

Would this still be overspin?

1 Like

No, you can creep any AEG trigger to do this.
You can spread the trigger contacts slightly so it completes the circuit a little later in the pull, but if you spread them too much it won’t work.