Another serious question

hey guys im pretty sure these AGM MP40/Stg 44 magazines are for Airsoft not gelsoft, but I’m curious if they were able to be imported and managed to get through, would they be able to be converted to gelsoft easily?

or failing that, would @AKgelblaster would be able to get them, convert them to gelsoft and resell? pretty certain I wouldn’t be the only one interested in metal magazines for the AGM MP40/Stg 44

I would take 2 or 3 for sure, and ATM they are pretty cheap on that website so whoever imported them and converted then could possibly make a few pennies off them as metal magazines would go quite well with everyones AGM metal mp40’s

1 Like

Thanks for mentioning. As the gelsoft MP40 is not available here. Not really able to test it out even it is something convertible.

I found this but not sure it’s legit or not. Just for reference.

2 Likes

thanks for replying. that’s odd they’re not available there considering youse were able to get the Sten mkii’s there. but yeah that’s the same nylon magazines that come with the MP40, they’re just spare magazines that you linked and they’re quality is pretty weak from what I’ve heard and read.

was hoping to find metal ones for gels although I think it may not be possible, there’s most likely a reason why they opted for nylon magazines instead but all the reviews I’ve found on the nylon magazines say they are pretty crap.

but thanks again for replying

1 Like

Isee. I got your point . Would you consider to wrap it with thin alloy?

There’s a lot of work involved in converting an airsoft mag to gel.

Not an easy undertaking, everything’s very different. :thinking:

If only somebody commercially manufactured a thin sheetmetal sleeve that you could slide over the outer of the nylon mag. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I’ll do a burst on the modded mp40 later, after some sanding.

It is a big job to convert, needing to run wires and terminals down to a previously unpowered mag area. And, gutting the magazine and installing components from an electric mag.

@Bigmuthadrums did mine a while back, awesome job,i’m very grateful he did it.
It’s a completely crap design to start with…basically running a single stack , pistol type, spring mag…. 2seconds of full auto…

2 Likes

I tried this with a gas m4 pmag
It had the gel blaster version pictures but description of the Airsoft magazine so I tried my luck it was $45 vs local cost of $180 (lol)
Anyway of course it was the Airsoft version. So I tried to 3d print a new shell for it and that eventually worked out and it was able to dry fire.
But there are many things different between them:
The follower is smaller.
The spring is much longer.
The feed lips are smaller.
There’s also no mechanism to release spring tension to feed gels.

Also before any of this I’m pretty sure it’s illegal to import an Airsoft magazine in the first place.

All in all I’d say just give up (:

never give up :crazy_face:

I might try my luck contacting the vendor direct and enquiring about the possibility of them converting it to gel soft, if that fails I may attempt contacting AGM directly and trying my luck with them. doesn’t hurt to ask

I would say it wasn’t AGM that converted them to gel soft in the first place, more likely someone like akgelblaster how it was him who converted the sten MKII to gel soft (I believe) rather than the manufacturer.

I would imagine if there was enough interest for the metal magazines they may find it worth their while although it would be more likely a smaller vendor to consider the conversion, albeit it would have to be a vendor that works with Airsoft and gelsoft

it’s just silly that it was never made as a metal magazine to go with the metal mp40’s in the first place :roll_eyes:

I guess the MP40 is too much of a niche market blaster for the sellers to put the labour and cash into a steel mag conversion…

Compared to the M4s, AKs, MP5s etc the MP40s would represent a very minute slice of the pie. :man_shrugging:

you would be right, it’s just retarded they didn’t make metal mags for them in the first place considering the entire blaster which came with metal magazines would’ve been converted from the Airsoft version.

pretty sure other full metal blasters with metal magazines were converted to gelsoft along with the magazines otherwise everyone with the metal blasters would be complaining all their magazines were plastic :man_shrugging:t2:

If you use the search function, on the forum, and type in “MP-40”, you’ll find the thread on the STG-44 and the MP-40.

This details the story of, bigmuthadrums conversion for me.
Its got the details, the photo’s , and shows shots of what he did, for running power forward, and down into the magwells.

You’ll have a much better understanding of what you’re in for, in order to proceed…

The MP-40 stuff, starts around post number 20…

1 Like

yeah I did see it, probably should’ve posted my query in there, my bad.

I wish I was a bit more hands on tech savvy with things like that so I could try my hand at doing it myself but with the nerve damage in my hand making fiddly tasks like that difficult for me, I would rather try and get it done by someone more knowledgeable and experienced than I.

but I will definitely refer back to that post, take notes and start gathering the necessary items required and go from there.

I would imagine you guys have probably already looked into the possibility of getting the original Airsoft magazines converted but being metal as opposed to the nylons magazines, they would be a lot more difficult/effort to convert

may be a lost cause but wishful thinking and all