Any Recommendations For A First Pistol?

I’m not at home right now but I use heavier oils from hobby shops. If you have a good model shop nearby they sell silicon oil to refill RC car shock absorbers. Available in different weights for half the price of blaster oils.

For example

1 Like

Hrmm … thanks for that. Theres a good hobby shop on Beaudesert Rd, Bris. Will drop in and check their selection. I reckon double the weight would be needed

1 Like

I love Tac edge too and shop at Yatala store a lot. Unfortunately Command Elite Hobbies are the only importer for Army Armament, they aren’t the greatest business to deal with (Past history with Pre orders and a nasty attitude from the owner) but I’ve only purchased from them a few times and personally avoid pre orders so my experience hasn’t been too bad with them. The Army Armament Sand Viper is the best Sand Viper I’ve checked out. The GE and Double Bell ones look terrible. The EMG is the right size and looks great with only minor flaws but the full auto caused a malfunction in my case with the Pit Viper. Pretty happy with the AA Sand Viper.

2 Likes

I guess my continuation of this question is what are people’s favourite/best performing Glock? It feels like there are 700 different glocks by different companies and not enough obvious differences.

I will also mention I’m a big fan of metal blasters, they comparatively feel a lot nicer (not really relevant to my last question)

WE Tech Glocks are decent, so are the Double Bells and E&C. Azeaels have cheap WE Glock mags.

I have a E&C Glock which performs really well out of the box. E&C mags are compatible with Double Bell. WE Tech mags aren’t compatible with anything else.

Double Bell G22 - cheap, accurate and reliable. E&C G19X for a tan one (only $199 at WAT) and they take Double Bell magazines

Just a warning on Azraels. Dont by any gat from them unless they have spare mags in stock. They lied outright to me about having WE Tech Beretta mags on the way, which convinced me to buy one. Never happened. Just another retailer that promises and doesnt deliver i guess. Never been back.

So I ended up going into tac edge and having a feel of the pistols they had available. Wasn’t super happy with how the Glock felt as a first pistol and the Beretta they did have available felt too cheap/weak (was electric rather than gas powered).

I ended up just going with the EMG TTI JW3 Combat master, felt super nice in my hands with the way the whole grip is stippled and the flared mag-well.

Had a chance to test it tonight at crossfire as well (my first time at the field) and the pistol felt really solid, no complaints from me on the accuracy or performance front (especially once I figured out how to refill the gas in the mag).

2 Likes