Aztech Chimera receiver

Has anyone purchased one of these yet? With Azrael’s 25% off black Friday sale it drops it down cheaper then the GBF battle arms receivers I’ve been looking at purchasing. Speaking to Lachie at Hardcore blasters a few weeks ago he did a build with chimera receiver and hand guard and rated the quality of the products. He did mention you had to use the chimera hand guard however looking at Azrael’s facebook page they have a MK47 Chimera receiver with a standard hand guard. Does anyone know if you are restricted to their hand guards or a bit of modding required to fit your own?

1 Like

The thread of the Chimera is standard so you can use any guard you want. The new Chimera’s have had some revisions to them around the grip so will suit all types.

4 Likes

Awesome thanks for that. One question the grips are on pre order when will they be ready to ship?

We had to have the mold modified hence the slight delay but we are now expecting them next friday.

4 Likes

Have you got an ETA when you’ll have your M4 receivers in stock?

Also if using both Chimera hand guard & receiver do you still need an outer barrel adapter to hold the t piece in place if planning to just use inner barrel? or does the receiver come with an adapter in planing to use just the inner barrel?

Next week. You can use just no outer barrel, we use an octopus adapter with no puter or you can use one its up to you.

4 Likes

Here’s a picture of the barrel set up :+1:
Can definitely be used with or without an outer barrel

4 Likes

Green looks awesome I ended up going blue.

3 Likes

I’d have every colour if i could afford it :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Hopefully Christmas/Boxing Day there will be more sales can get another one haha. What would have been cool if they made a copper version what their gearboxes are.

Did you use one of their aztech boxes or a different brand?

4 Likes

I’ve got an aztech split box in it

3 Likes

AZTECH in an AZTECH!
Noice :ok_hand:

4 Likes

We are so excited for the new ones coming next week! MK47, ARP9 and M4! No more CHIMERA lasered on the top after feedback, radiused rear to make it easier to get the gearbox in. We are going to make some awesome looking combos! You can use any guard on them too as its a standard thread.

5 Likes

Got mine yesterday need a few more pieces to finish it off tempted to stick a stainless barrel in but giving brass barrel a go with raw adjustable t piece and spring retainer.

4 Likes

Aaaahhh…… brass vs. stainless, memories of the old days of the Bruisemaster products :joy:

Had a couple of really decent Bruisemaster’s……… and a couple of the rough last ones as well.

Always found great results with good quality polished stainless over brass, where brass naturally deteriorates with the polished internal surface if not regularly cleaned and maintained :confused:

Seen some pretty rugged aftermarket stainless barrels as well, but a good quality polished stainless barrel is much less work and more consistent performance than what I ever experienced with brass.

1 Like

How do the new pistol grips feel?
I’ll be getting a green grip in the mail soon

1 Like

@DocBob couldn’t agree more about the stainless barrels. When I first got into hpa people were moving away from 7.65mm brass barrels for stainless but seem to be going back to the wider ID. Might have to go half way with alloy🤣

@Bandit75 from what I had heard about first batch something either grip or receiver didn’t meet up to well and had sharp edges that’s been fixed and everything lines up perfectly. The only potential issue is the screws are fine thread that screw into the grip to hold cnc plates on no issues with top holes but the bottom ones on mine didn’t seem to grab into the nylon and I feel they will fall out so I’ll try and find some nuts to go on the inside for peace of mind. Not sure how this would work with a motor though if there would be room.

Feel wise very comfy I have large hands and its not to big or to small.

@Bandit75 just an update on my last post about the grip and those bottom screws. I hadn’t actually removed the base grip from the bag and those screws at the base that hold the cnc panels go through the main grip and screw into the base plate.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update :+1:
I received mine today and i see what you mean :+1:

2 Likes

Meanwhile, I’m still waiting for anything i ordered last month to even leave @AztechInnovations