Beretta M92 Advice

There are really only two options for Beretta GBBs these days, one by Double Bell :

and the older Nwell model :

Common sense and experience tells me the DB Taurus M92 is mechanically a far better unit than the Nwell Beretta M92, Nwell have a reputation for producing unreliable blasters… but is that reputation deserved? Visually I find the Nwell a crisper offering.

Objective opinions appreciated as always. :+1:

1 Like

I have an Nwell CO2 M9. Initial issues were with the release valve and that was fixed with newer valve. Haven’t had a problem since. Very accurate to15m with the upgraded hop-up barrel. Prefer the cleaner look of the Nwell as it is really become just a display piece - too heavy to cart in a game. Just gets a canister through it in the monthly maintenance run.

1 Like

Cool, cheers. :+1:

I agree, the Nwell has cleaner lines… and considering it’s going to be mainly a holster filler and display piece I can live with a few quirks that need addressing. :wink:

Yeah. I’ve been trying to get a set of dress uniform non-flap leather holster and mag holders for mine.

It’s a very 80s gun for sure.

Double bell usually make good gear.

However, the DB M92 has, for me, been a bit of a nuisance…

For the blaster, the safety on the RHS keeps coming off. A grubscrew holds it on, it always seems to work its way loose and comes off. Annoying, and the concern is losing it…

The mags leak. I’m on my 3rd (replaced under warranty) mag, and it leaks the least of all 3. It only leaks through the valve, and regular maint spray and silicone see it behave…for a while.

By contrast, the WE tech RE2 mags operate flawlessly. They never leak, can be left for months and still retain enough gas to cycle. If those mags became available again, i would buy several, and throw out the DB’s.

The mags are interchangeable WE fits DB, and vice versa.

Hope that helps…

superglue or loctite should do it?

Haven’t tried locktite yet.
It’s only a tiny point of contact, so…

Loctite loctite loctite :wink:

Not trying to push the point, 20 characters and all that… :rofl:

On mags, anyone know if GE Hi Capa’s are compatible with any other brands? :thinking:

I just don’t groove on the longer mags… much prefer the cleaner more 1911 look of a shorter one in these things.

“By contrast, the WE tech RE2 mags operate flawlessly. They never leak, can be left for months and still retain enough gas to cycle. If those mags became available again, i would buy several, and throw out the DB’s.”

Yep for you M92 fans, a great shame Tactical Edge hasn’t continued with them:

[https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXiLu8r-FHE]

I couldn’t find any looking around they all have that extendo base.

Any way it can be modified maybe :thinking:

Sadly, it looks like modding’s not really an option.

Being a Hi Capa that extra length is part of the deal and increases the gel capacity .

I might run it down to X Force and have a chat to them about it. I thought maybe a GE 1911 mag might work in it but they’re only slim single stack, they don’t make a 1911 with a double stack mag.