Closed Down (Retailers) Updated

M4a1 Harvey bay is closed.

1 Like

I think the " average consumer", would be put off very quickly by the low quality / constant breakdowns / short warranty period.

An everyday parent, would buy a blaster with the expectation it will last a while.
Forking out , say $220 for a blaster, which breaks down 2 months later, and then being told its out of warranty, would piss a lot of people off.

2 options, throw it away, or spend more money on repairs. Then 3 months down the track, the same thing happens again.
Not the standard any reasonable person would expect, and off course, they will talk and word gets out.

What is then left , is a smaller niche market of people, who are enthusiasts, who accept the fact they need time and money spent on maintenance.

Simply put, i think the bulk of the general population will not accept the high failure rates.

4 Likes

100% spot on. My old man got an aps pistol and he had dramas with it and so he never got anything else.

I brought 3 work mates to a session at gelsoft a while ago, i got them to hire the dytac slr’s thinking they should go ok and let them use my blasters as well. And yeah the hire blasters hardly worked (generally not feeding) and they smoked my p90 by then end. They had a ball, but from that experience they went nah cant justify the money on them, which hey fair.

If you dont look after your customers why would they come back.

3 Likes

Add M4a1 Capalaba to the list

Sadly. M4a1 Harvey bay fixed blasters at a extremely bad condition. The last time i took one of my blasters in there they stripped heads of some of the screws on my gearbox the locktighted all the screws in. When i contacted them. They ignored all emails, messages and phone calls. I have stopped even touching m4a1 now

1 Like

Yeah that’s pretty bad workmanship :confused:
Even a 5 year old can be taught to use the right tools for the job and spare new screws should be an off the shelf item in any decent shop.

Loctiting screws is a sign of more dodgy practices…. which makes you wonder…… if they can’t even operate a simple screw properly, what’s the quality of the rest of their work inside the Blaster :thinking::flushed:

the guy didnt care about anything really. he got upset because I gave him info in regards to the m052 grenade launcher on what it can fit. He was adamant that no other shell fits into it. and got upset because i told him that all 40mm nades can fit in it.

thanks added to the list.

The Immersive Skirmish field at Isis River is closing down.
Chris ran two awesome Border Wars milsoft events at the field as well as his regular gamedays.

Cost of living pressures, would be a big factor contributing to the slowdown.

Low interest rates were never going to last forever, many people have overextended themselves, at 1% rates, thinking they would not go up.

Interest rates of 5-6%, are pretty much the norm, in a standard economy…
Dad built his buisness, in the early 80’s, with rates of 18%…!!!

A rising tide, will lift all boats,
but its not till the tide recedes, you get to see who’s still afloat…

3 Likes

Well that’s a shame but, regrettably added to the list thanks.

1 Like

oh man, when did these guys go? I drove past the other day and it seemed open

Just got email from CEH. The chermside store is closing down.

CQ Blasters have closed their store in Gladstone and their online shop.
They still operate their field in Gladstone and sell gels and the like from the field.

2 Likes

A quick drop in to the M4A1 in Morayfield, and I couldn’t buy what I wanted… holes in their wall displays everywhere, and a chat with the staff about stock availability was just depressing. :unamused:

Wonder how long it’ll take for them to shut up shop like the rest… they have a prime spot too, right next door to Crossfire CQB.

1 Like

They can’t get hold of stock from suppliers of the older brands, or can’t get newer models out of China?

With the expansion of the European and US Blaster markets, the demand on supplies has grown exponentially…… so maybe this is the issue that’s leaving shortages here in Australia :thinking:

May be the case… aside from very few blasters on the wall, accessories are like rocking horse shite too.

They have been closing stores when the leases run out. They have limited sources for supply and won’t use local wholesalers. Think they will fade away in the next 12 months as their stock dries up

Yeah I get the feeling that they are just running out what they have, and what stores leases they have, and don’t seem to be trying to get anything new. Actually appears they are investing in the US market more and just ticking the Aussie stores over to run out stock. Sad since a few short years ago they were a good source for many parts and blasters.

1 Like

I’m a previous employee of m4a1 and they are defintely just selling off what they have a closing up all shops, store’s have been picked apart the past year. “Gelball is dead” is what one of the owner’s told me when i last chatted with him, i think it was always just a business for them :pensive:

1 Like