Cyma Scar L Feeding issues

ahhh about that recommendation…that works perfectly with the CYMA orange nylon gearbox. However, if you compare the dimension of the CYMA nylon gearbox and CYM metal gearbox, you will find that the metal one is a tap bit shorter than the nylon one…which turns out to be a thickness of 1 o-ring. I had the feeding problem when I started my 13:1+Apache build with a junk bin CYMA M4 then i migrated everything to a CYMA metal gearbox…the nozzle length was too long. After I dropped the o-rings from two to one, everything worked fine.

Give it a go and good luck.

2 Likes

Just incase anyone was wondering. Pulled the apache out completely after trying a few different set ups. Runs perfect now. Not sure if I got a dud apache or what but for the sake of carrying a spare return spring and tappet I think I’ll leave it out.

Good to hear. Unless you have a reason to use an Apache there is no need to use one anyway. I give return springs a coat of grease before installing and they last ages.

What sort of grease? Anything in particular. Cheers

for many years I just used a blob of silicon paste and coated them. Last 6 months I have been just using the same moly grease I use on gears. I can’t really speak to how moly grease works for the longer term yet, especially as I haven’t played as much as I’d like to but it seems to be working similar so far. Quite a few of my blasters have been thrashed at outdoor games for many years with the silicon paste method, only had a couple of broken return springs in 6 years. Maybe luck as much as prevention? :laughing:

1 Like