Different Water Types For Growing Gels

Hi i have always used rain water to grow gels, or tap water but i have seen popping up demineralised water. would there be any advantages to using demineralised water over tap/rain water cheers

Tested all three - tap water, rain water and demineralised water with AKA gels. No discernible differences

I have never seen loads of difference, but depending on soft or hard water the grow time on a gel that is being control grown may be a little different between water.
I don’t agree with control growing gels, because it usually just makes gels that are not completely hydrated, and get a nice dry skin and jam things, and end up in the bin if not used within a day or so.

In my opinion, using a gel that is right for your blaster is key, and if you want them to be smaller, use a gel that is smaller. X-Force predators are my favorite for this, as I can grow them for a full term, and still have an ultra hard gel that is around 7.1-7.3mm. And they seem to stay moist for a good while. If I am to use ultra hard gels in an aeg (I generally don’t) these are what I recommend. Especially with a higher rate of fire that you don’t want a jam in, as that can be catastrophic for the gearbox internals.

Goat gels seem to be everyones goto gel atm, and I don’t mind them, I find the quick grow time to be a bit dubious, but they work, and seem to stay moist. Actually found them to be better a few days after growing them.

Main reason to use demineralised water is consistency. It will be the same every time. Otherwise just measure and test gels as they get close to the size you want.

1 Like

Demin water be same as rain water. The only variance I have seen is in tap water for some Australian towns can have high amounts of chlorine and fluoride in the water which gives funky results compared to rain water/demin. But that depends on where you live as all towns mains tap water varies.

Test it out see what works for your blaster.

How about bottled water from woollies or Coles?

No idea do not shop at both of those. Could be angel pee for all I know. :rofl:

Or worse…

Coles & Woolies were saying that street junkies have a habit of using the bottled bleach and drinking water to flush out their needles by spearing them on the shelves through the plastic bottles.

Think I’d rather take my chances with the tap water. :laughing:

Holy crap, although that doesn’t surprise me. What has society come to. Drugs are a big problem, there’s been some too close to home issues I’ve had to deal with this year. None of it good.

1 Like

Man even your gels will need to take a mandatory drug test before play.

1 Like