Double bell M4A1 gel blaster

Is double bell M4A1 a good durable gel blaster? Will it jam? Asking because, I am considering to buy a double bell blaster, but in my country , there no any repair parts for it.

Double Bell have a great reputation in the Gelbaster industry, so you will have much less issues with it than most other brands :ok_hand:

1 Like

Double bell, iss good. And available right now everywhere, with many models.
Their V2 gearboxes are not renowned for lasting forever though with heavy use. But any blaster this is the case, things wear out and break it’s just the nature of the beast. Most people get a fairly long term out of them.

For double bell M4s, this is part because they come with a heavy spring and a heavy piston head, and part as many are under volumed. Every double bell has a 70% ported cylinder when most models should have a full cylinder.

If you want reliable and long lasting…

I recommend changing to an m100 spring and a full cylinder. Also helps to radius the gearbox, change the piston head to a good quality nylon or light aluminium one. And an aoe pad and removing the sector delay chip doesn’t hurt either. This work will give similar and consistent fps even in full auto on 11v, but will last so much longer.

None of this is to say they are bad, like most blasters there is work to be done if you want it to last longer and perform better.

1 Like

Funny you should say that about DB gearboxes, @RokSolid .

Chatting to a tech the other day, it seems a few are coming in broken lately. In fairness though, they’ve done some hard hours so it shouldn’t be surprising. Nothing lasts forever with these things.

I like DB metal V2s, really good boxes for the pricepoint. But making all the changes you suggest is definitely an easy way to make a very decent box even better. :+1:

2 Likes

Fair point that there’s plenty coming in for repair when they are so popular and the majority of the owners have upgraded them and hammer them regularly.

As a stock beginners blaster, definitely much more reliable than the other brands out there :+1:

1 Like

I’ve started to see a few come through with the nose broken off., nothing like wells… But a few. And yes the same is true they have had a lot of good times to get there! And there are heaps of double bells sold all the time, very popular given the quality performance and price!

The stock spring is massive. On longer barreled models changing to a full cylinder results in close to 400fps, which is mental as there is no benefit in range, because gel.

I do the above on any double bell M4s, a radius job takes a few minutes, the cylinder does need a bit of a notch dremmeled out for the sector gear on some, which I am not a fan of but you gotta do what you gotta do to make something decent even better!

That’s what shocked me was the stock FPS given for the various Double Bell models of blasters.

I figured that they must have had pretty decent air seals and high rate springs out of the box to produce such high numbers… which also gets one questioning the longevity and reliability of such highly strung outputs.

But have to admit that there’s been very little noise online about reliability issues from the stock blasters when new, and is understandable that they are now starting to show signs of wear and tear considering their age :+1: