E&C M16 / M203 review

Legacy Collectables has some interesting history on the guns that they issued. They even issued Hi-Powers once they captured the production facility. Amazing range of PP’s and PPK’s that the party faithful were issued. Another tit-bit was that Goering was carrying an S&W when he surrendered.

2 Likes

Agree 100%

Unique will always win out over ubiquitous

Renage blasters have the Mauser in the video for $80

The video agrees it seems! :laughing:

Except they left out the Walther PP and PPK that were issued and carried by senior officers

1 Like

That, I did not know. I thought they entered production in the 50s or 60s, given its prevalence in the Bond films of the era and his tendency to use things modern and stylish. Looks like it would’ve entered service in 29/30?

Also, wow I never knew that the K stood for Kriminal (as in, ‘detective issue’). I always thought it meant Kurz, like the MP5!

This thread’s inspired me to convert my M16 back into an A1… :thinking:

Outer barrel’s ordered and all the relevant parts are sorted and ready to go… Now I just have to find a three prong flash hider, or a lathe and a milling machine to make one up :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ah ha it’s seen the light like I did few years ago. I Demand a full step by step pwettyy pwease coz it makes good reading.

I didn’t do much besides beg for help which I got plenty of. Talk about dive in the deep end without floaties on your first go. :laughing:

2 Likes

It won’t be much of a conversion… it was already an A1, I just swapped parts to build an XM-177 that never really got there :laughing:

One thing I do is fill the inside of the plastic handguard with No More Gaps to give it some heft and address the creaky flimsiness of it. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Those 3 prong flash hiders are as rare as rocking horse shit!

I spent a long time trying to find those specific types when I was building the ACR DMR BUSHMASTER Replica.

I went through every available Gelblaster/Airsoft and proper Armoury accessories suppliers that I could research at the time, and only found a couple of “real steel” companies which had them listed, but all were “out of stock” at the time. :frowning:

It sounds like they are still a very rare item to locate on the market even now?

1 Like

Maybe check through this website mate :+1:
I just found this site saved on my phone and were a company that I used to get quite a few quality parts through, but it was in the middle of the COVID bullshit when I last had trouble getting parts availability through them.

These were the ones I was looking at for the ACR DMR.

Either way, there’s certainly plenty of designs to choose from :+1:

Cheers for those links, Doc… appreciated as always. :+1:

I’ve seen most of those whilst googling. There never seems to be anything available here in Oz though, and the one I’m really after is this one…

Old school retro shortie… but it’s an easy one to machine up, and it’s probably about time I invested in a set of 14mm CCW taps anyway. :wink:

You could potentially go to wat and seeing by any chance they have a spare one from an E&C since Wat just released a bunch of their models

Yeah fair point about tooling up and doing it yourself…… that’s always been my main focus in the custom vehicle and Hot Rod world, where the bulk amount of parts are made by hand as are not available anywhere in the market :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The 3 prong you are chasing is definitely even harder to find than the “simple” ones that I was looking for!

Brownells where I got my flat slip ring from I was going to say. They have that flash hider, but out of stock and it’s 1/2" x 28" instead of blaster norm of 14mm ccw(ccp :thinking: :laughing: concealed carry :thinking:)

@BME please tell me you didnt miss the trigger block back, metal, shell ejecting luger off ali express I swear I @ed you about it and everything

1 Like

The 3 prong flash hiders , are nearly impossible to find.
The only way to get them, is attached to a cyma/A&E m16….

Even if I upgrade my cyma to an A&E, I’ll, be keeping the 3 prong…

The other 3prongs I looked at, just didn’t cut the mustard…

I’ll you have a lathe, and can make your own, I reckon you’d sell a few…!!

1 Like

Yeah, I remember seeing it before, when you tagged me…

I wanted one, but
A) o don’t have a Ali express account yet,
And
B) I personally wouldn’t risk bringing one in , in my name, without a B709.

Call me paranoid, but with my security clearance checking, I don’t want any possible black mark, that could get me in trouble….particularly if it involves “firearm offences”…

Maybe I could do a deal with you, I send you the cash , for the Luger, onwards postage to me, and a bit extra for your trouble, …. And you bring another one in, and then post it to me.??

All legal, as we are both in Qld….

2 Likes

Actually…they are out of stock…

1 Like