E&C M16 / M203 review

Pfft…
who needs a m-16…with a grenade launcher…??

Well, that would be me…!! :rofl:

Before i get into it, I spoke to Johhny at Wat…he’s bringing in a small number of M-60’s…

Hopefully should be here, before the end of the year, around $1500, he’ll advertise of F/B when they are here…

That should get a few mil-simmers drooling…( and saving)!!

Alright, into the main review…

A few receiver close ups, to get the juices flowing…
Very sharp…

4 Likes

I’ll just keep it short and sweet for now, the detail on this model is incredible.

M203 attached, in the box, when purchased, it doesn’t come with a shell.
You can use any 40mm shell, my MGL shells will work fine.

It came with a plastic magazine, It got it swapped for a LDT metal (inscribed ) magazine.

The barrel is ribbed, everything is rock tight, grenade launcher slides forward to fit one shell, and apart from that, the slide doesn’t pump. It has flip up sights, for the M203…

LDT gearbox, 11v battery in the stock, so you know its a solid gearbox.

The cyma m-16, looks a little bland by comparison…

I’m seriously thinking of selling my barely used cyma, and getting a standard m16 to replace it…show of interest…??

I haven’t used it yet, battery is still charging, and ive got friday afternoon stuff to do…i’ll do some performance , when i’ve chrono’ed it…

Phew…!

Now, excuse me, while i…

" Ged To Da Choppa…!!" (that’s the bank, before it shuts…)

5 Likes

Looks good, rollmarks are better than the real thing :laughing:

They plan on bringing in the a&k m60’s or the Lct ones because I’ll move to QLD if it’s LCT

I didn’t ask…
Pack your bags…:rofl::rofl:

Good on Johnny, for having a go…

I approached several retailers, trying to bring in a private /personal import M60 …with a few other interested folk.

Maybe 3-4 units.

That’s just not worth it , for the retailers, all that R&D time, for just a handful of units,

…no one wants to do it…

Its not worth the retailers time, they wanna focus on the next batch of 200 odd units of whatever, they are bringing in…

That leaves the small niche, of people who want “custom items”

Not for snob value/ bragging rights…
Just items they really want, for themselves, and are prepared to pay for it…

Cough, “Luger”, cough…

Good on Johnny, for bringing the M60’s in, someone’s gotta be brave enough, to do it … im sure they’ll sell out…

See you in Qld, squiddy…!!

2 Likes

Had a play with the luger that Vas was trying to get converted. The issue was that there isn’t enough meat in the mag for the gas chamber and larger track for gels

1 Like

Sorry. I’m just numb / in shock/ in denial at….

Vas had a Luger…(pfft…frothing at mouth)

I’m sure, jazzy would agree…

Yep. It was in the display cabinet and RJ dragged it out for me and explained what they were trying to do

1 Like

Is that CYMA M16 sporting a painted receiver? :thinking:

nope …the cyma receiver is original…just a bit blurry…
The E&C , is a lighter grey…

You wanna buy the cyma…?

This is probably the one time,
I’d go all youth crime…
steal it, do a burnout , from the parking lot, make CH7 news…

“But, i got me, a luger…!!”

Kidding (not kidding) … maybe… :rofl:

The Germans had lots of interesting engineering ideas and products in the early 20th century time period so don’t blame you for frothing a Luger despite it being the ugliest of the ww2 German pistols

1 Like

You say it’s ugly…
I say it’s unique…

Some people say , squids are dirty, bottom dwelling , denizens of the deep.
I say….you know what , they’re right…!!!

I’m preparing a special place , for when they release the gel m60…
Lots of slave labour/ hard labour / choreboy tasks…

No, I mean , fair and equitable tasks ,to welcome Victorian scum…I mean friends…!!! :smiley::rofl:

Haven’t seen you in a while, squiddy…good to see ya again…

Yes they mostly got their reputation only through being a very popular “War Trophy” for Allied troops.
The reality is that they were pretty dismal in functionality and operational capabilities.

There’s many stories available about their issues with failing to fire/cycle/load and eject cartridges, and also their susceptibility to dirt/dust/sand/mud etc.

I could be wrong but isn’t that mostly because Lugers where mostly issued to high ranking people in the party and officers in general

As soon as it’s announced that it’s an lct you’ll see me in QLD. As for my forum activity I mostly just pop in when I realise I still have the forum tab open when I’m clearing all my other tabs in my browser. I also don’t use my laptop/phone much anymore because I got addicted to watching law and order special victims unit on the Tv

The opposite, actually.

P08 Lugers were designed in 1898, and were considered nearing obsolescence in WW2. They were relics left over from a pre-WW1 procurement programme (having first been accepted into service in 1906) and they were entirely phased out of production after 1943. The Walther P38 had entered production in, surprise surprise, 1938, and became the main pistol issued to nazis who the Party deemed important enough to give actual service pistols. Officers, Gestapo, SS, paratroopers and whatnot.

As is usual for nazi guns, it looks ugly as fuck.

The Nazis don’t deserve the be associated with the P08. Badass knights of the sky like the Red Baron, Manfred von Richtofen deserve the association. Germany had a soul in WW1 at least.

1 Like

Sure did. Like the MG42, the Americans copied that to make the M60. The FG42 was another interesting design too late in the war. The STG44 was sought after and grandfather of the AK47. The MP40 sub was a popular item for pickup and use by allied forces.

A lot like my favourite ZB26 LMG…… an absolute brilliant design of a weapon that revolutionised the mechanical genius which the Germans occupied the factories and claimed as their own……. which then led to the British and Japanese military to produce their own copies of the original design.

Like all the others that you mentioned above @Maiphut ……. there’s much respect given to such weapons when they are copied and used by manufacturers all over the world :+1:

3 Likes