GBX-CQB and GBX-LR feedback

Thanks so much Bob. Yeh I have had a lot on with work and getting Married. Not much me time left anymore. Still working on blasters in stealth mode :grin:

2 Likes

I think you should consider them for sure, Just ring them and ask them if there brand new to be sure.
The owners are very nice and the bloke running is a Gentlemen.
He also had some 2nd hand gbx hpa jacks for only $1000, brand new build is $1500.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can see a massive pile of Jack HPA blasters and parts on their website…. looks like they ordered them in by the pallet load! :flushed:

Well Blaster arrived today. Put an 11.1v battery in it and soaked some crappy gels that came with it. I was pleasantly surprised with the performance and it sounds great! Unfortunately I couldn’t find a decent battery charger anywhere in town so I’ll have to wait for further testing but so far I found the following:

Shoots great out of the box

Box was sealed as far as I could tell so seems these are brand new?

Stock is a bit fiddly to remove to access the battery compartment. (You have to extend all the way out then use a small screwdriver to push the pin down further while you slide it off completely)

Build quality seems pretty good only minor issue I have is the hand guard moves a little side to side due to machining tolerances.

Will update when I can do some more testing.

8 Likes

Hi , does any one know compatible parts the fit the JG -GBX , I know it’s a v2 , it’s a hard find to find JG parts, theirs a few dealers out their that sell a few JG WORKS parts , they are few and far between .

Nice mini review :+1:

Most AR type adjustable stocks I have come across require the extra pin movement to get it to go past the last stop and come off. It’s normal. Even my AK74 with CTR stock is like this.

After much indecision I got the GBX-CQB from Xperiences.

My first metal blaster and shhhitt…it’s heavy… :sunglasses: Compared to my nylon M4’s and AKs it’s another kilo heavier at 2.6kg

Runs and sounds great. Need to change the battery lead female connector, so would J-Car have them…?..or Tac Edge…??..let me know if your know :+1:

Changed out the stock…The front signt folds down, which is…cool… :crazy_face:

6 Likes

I purchased the GBX-LR 4013T HPA version.
I intend to set it up like a SOPMOD block II M4A1

as used by the Australian SAS.

4 Likes

Nice looking unit @cogman :ok_hand:
Do yourself a favour and order a bag of DEANS connectors off eBay.
Less than $6 for 10 pairs as below is pretty hard to beat.

That’s where I used to get them bulk and cheaper than in-stores…… if you can find them that is.
I never had any luck at any of the Electronics stores around here anyrate :roll_eyes:

1 Like

JCar have them in stock…ebay says about 4 -8 weeks from china… :crazy_face:

$6 each, but I only want one… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah big difference price wise, but won’t exactly have the missus jumping up and down at that big outlay :joy:

Can recommend still ordering and building up a good stock of spare parts through…… because there’s always gonna be something that breaks and put you out of the game in this hobby :roll_eyes:

I found the amass branded connectors where a lovely quality of life upgrade over the normal deans ones. A bit more forgiving with overheating during soldering, and the clippy bit is much better for pulling the connection apart

2 Likes

I changed the gun side to a male connector and put a female deans on my batteries (Having the male connector on the battery seemed like a dumb idea to me, way too easy to short it on surfaces) This also matched up with the B6 charger I bought. I got my deans connectors from a local hobby/RC shop. Bought a bag of them so when I get new batteries I can swap them over to deans right away. Guy at the RC shop also said XT60 connectors are good but slightly too bulky to get back into the stock tube I thought.

I also bought a generic gen 8 M4 mag thinking it would fit but it did not. I had to take off some material at the top of the latching point so the latch could grab it. Still kind of dodgy so I’ll be grabbing some mags off of the same guy who sells the blaster.

I talked with the owner and he said he is only selling new blasters now. He was selling some used ones previously as he had a surplus but they are all gone now. He also advised that using an 11.1v battery can wear through the gearbox. I’ve tried both 7.4v and 11.1v only difference I noticed was the rate of fire being higher with the 11.1v. I don’t have a chrono to test FPS though.

I also fixed the movement in the hand rail by removing it then putting it back on while ensuring the three Allen key bolts went in evenly by doing each one up a bit at a time and ‘walking’ them in evenly to ensure it was clamping better.

Now to find a decent hop up… been looking at these https://www.azraelsarmoury.com/collections/hopups/products/muzzletek-v2-hop-system

1 Like

They are very good for the reasons you mention, swapped over to using Amass connectors with the sheath quite some time ago. They are also available in the XT60 etc. Much easier to pull apart instead of pulling on the wires.

1 Like

Those cheap ebay bulk buys I used to get were actually very good quality for the price.
Materials were solid and locked together very firmly.
Soldering the wires was a very quick process with minimal heat applied to the terminals for a very good take of the solder.

I find that crap materials will be a pain in the arse get solder to take, require too much heat and melt cheaper plastics in the process :roll_eyes:

Hence my surprise at these cheapies actually being quite good!

2 Likes

2 Questions…

1. @DocBob How long did the ebay Deans from China take to land from order placement…??..They’re saying 4 - 8 weeks, I’ll go to J-Car, but they are a good deal

2. I intend to run the GBX on 11v all the time and while I’d expect the gearbox to last longer than nylon (which I shredded running 11v) I suppose eventually even metal gears will fail…??

Thx

My input on those 2 questions.

1. China stuff is usually around the 4 weeks, but if you want another option that’s better value and quality than jaycar, but also faster than china? Try this ebay listing where i got mine a year or 2 ago, it’s a Melbourne based supplier.
  1. Metal gears will eventually fail, any moving part will. If your gears are shimmed well and you do a bit of basic maintenance (clean and lube every couple of months), it’s lifespan will measure in years, even on 11v
3 Likes

I did the same as @Captainkrug , just found an Australian eBay seller, a couple dollars more than China sellers, but had them in the mail the same week :ok_hand:

As far as wearing out gearboxes, yes things will wear out quicker on 11.1V …… but any upgrades have the same results as well.

Any gearbox that’s running faster and under higher loads has the life of the components shortened in the trade off for performance.

A good maintenance schedule and not abusing the hell out of it continuously will extend the lifespan, but will wear down in the end.

Biggest problems I used to face were the AR latches copping a fair bit of abuse with high rated springs/motors and using semi/short burst fire, continually on and off the trigger.

Longer bursts of full auto were much easier on components than the constant stopping/starting in semi/burst modes.

But they are still a hobby grade engineered toy at the end of the day, and upgrading parts can push the boundaries of their intended original designs :confused:

1 Like

So I’ve been trying different Gel’s. Last night I tried out some Ausgel ultra elites, 3.5 hour soak but when I went to shoot them they were jamming in the barrel. I measured the internal diameter of my barrel and it is 7.1mm despite the specs saying 7.4mm. When I placed one of the gel’s on the barrel it did not slide down and was visibly larger in diameter. Is 7.1mm a normal size and do I just soak the gel’s for less time? Or should I look at swapping out to a larger barrel?

I would swap to a larger 7.3 or 7.5 depending on your gels/blaster.
7.1 barrels are a pita for jamming/feeding issues :roll_eyes:

Can any other owners here confirm that they have a 7.1 barrel in theirs also?