Honey badger help

Like other HB owners say, theres not alot of information about the honey badger on youtube and stuff so I need some help. I want to put a longer handguard on my blaster but i dont know what i need. Reddit said the HB is pretty generous when it comes to this stuff but they were’t as insightful as I would wish. Can anyone point me in the right direction like If i need to buy an adapter or even just a site that sells compatible handguards if you can?

Check out Akgelblaster, X-Force Tactical USA, TACTOYS USA, EVIKE or any of the Asian sites such as Monkey Mods, ZHENDUO etc :+1:

Go into one of these sites and use the search button to find all the accessories available for the Honey badger including hand guards and adapter’s etc.

1 Like

I have done extensive internal mods to mine, but only minor external. Shorten the barrel, made a barrel stabiliser, just attach a angled grip and sight so nothing really.
I can say though the outer barrel becomes VERY loose and wobbly once the suppressor and handguard are not together.
From memory, the receiver is threaded, and while I did not try to fit a different handguard to it, I imagine it would be the same thread as all handguards. I would definitely recommend getting an outer barrel kit, as the stock nylon barrel is very unstable once the fit between it and the suppressor is changed, and there is a good chance any handguard you buy won’t be a snug fit for it.

1 Like

A metal outer barrel was the first thing i bought for my blaster. I was told to get a 220 mm barrel so i could fit a hopup on the inner barrel so now the suppressor will sit about 4-5 inches forward from the stock handguard. At some point I do want to do some internal mods once I learn a bit more about blasters in general but for now im gonna stick to the easy mods cuz my knowledge of blasters is extremely limited and basic.

2 Likes

Thats what i tried before, whats tripping me up is I dont know if i need an adapter or a specific type of barrel nut.

1 Like

Adaptors are more for non-threaded receivers like the gen8 style.
Honey badger is a threaded receiver, without pulling mine apart I can only guess it is a standard thread seen on all m4/ar receivers.

The way I have stabilised my outer barrel makes it quite an operation to remove the handguard otherwise I would, but from memory, it is the standard thread.

As for internal mods, I have always said the HL honey badger is a bit of a modders delight.
It takes aftermarket v2 gearboxes well, tpieces are easily adapted, and it is compatible with most common magazines.
We all started somewhere, just watch v2 gearbox videos on the youtubes, honey badger is pretty close to all of them, just with a bit of extra wiring and so on for the mag prime feature. Don’t rush into it though, if it works just enjoy it and have fun.

When you do… My main recommendation is to disable the blowback feature as that does lead to problems. There is a piece of metal that contacts the piston, it just needs to be filed down so it doesn’t contact the piston and then no blowback, and mag prime and charging handle still function as normal.

Beyond that the piston and head, oring is well worth replacing. If you are shortening your barrel you will want to get the appropriate ported cylinder, without that you would lose fps and accuracy.
They are also prone to trigger switch problems where the trigger will pull to far and stop firing, which is a simple swap the trigger switch to an SHS or similar, then it works perfectly. Yours may or may not have the issue, and may or may not develop the issue, but I have seen it on most of them that have been across my bench.

2 Likes

The thread be either 1/2 x 20 or 28" or metric M14mm CCW. Sound familiar?

The only 3 I’ve come across on blasters but not sure on the HL Honey Badger as have not laid hands on.

1 Like