How the gel shotguns should’ve been

So I did this a little while ago. But I had an old m97 that I bought when they came out. At the start some fired 2-3 gels. But then they got “fixed” to fire one. I wanted to have a shotty that wasn’t a gas based shell as they can be a pain to maintain and expensive. So I decided to rip out half the internals. Design and remake it so it can shoot a proper amount of gels.

So after a couple weeks and some changes. My m07 now can shoot up to 11 gels per action. All spring powered to so all you need is gels and the blaster.

A couple quick notes. A hop up can be put on if I wanted to increase its accuracy and range. As it is it’s about 15-20m. For a shorty that’s all you need tbh. I need to get a back holster for it.

I’m also working on installing a black light strip so I can use glows in it for indoor or cqb games

Shotgun Scabbard Shoulder Sling Case Holster - X-Force Tactical

Maybe one of those.

When you say black light that is some sort of LED light right. Which type is it.

Cheers

I have black light led strips. I’m going to put some through the chamber where the gels feed through to charge them just before the shot
And that’s the scabbard I’m looking at. Alternatively making my own hip holster for it

1 Like

that’s sick… some glow action in the shottys will be dope… looked pretty accurate for the most part of the video…

what size spring is in it? I’ve got an m130 spring I’m waiting to install after i finish moving houses and finish getting the new place liveable, keen to see the black light led’s pumping and would love to do the same but I’m still a beginner in the gel world so probably would not be doing that upgrade myself lol

but yeah man keen to see the results :call_me_hand:t2:

When it comes to this one I’m using the stock spring. It used to shoot a single gel300-330 so there’s no need to upgrade it. You’d also likely break internal parts upgrading the spring. I did have to reenforce the trigger and a couple other parts so it could handle the setup.

1 Like

yeah the spring in mine must’ve been toned down tho cuz the highest fps its achieving is 240fps averaging at around 230 fps… the guys at xforce said the m130 will be right but said not to go bigger, I read on Reddit m120 is the recommended as m130 accuracy goes out the window but thought I’d give it a go

If they say so give it a go. If it does break it will likely be one of the plastic parts around the trigger or Cylinder

2 Likes

cheers mate… fkn makes me not wanna try it now

The S1897 one is pretty good too, you can either fire 1 gel accurately or pump it a couple times and get a buckshot anywhere up to like 9 gels.

I had converted mine into a super shorty at one stage too with some PVC and 3D printed parts, but then you loose the range with the shorter barrel.