JingJi SLR v4 tech help

Hi guys,

It seems that not a lot of these JingJi SLR v4 rifles have made it out overseas and even fewer to Australia so not sure how many people have experience with these. Back story is: I was recommended this blaster as a starter, got it, then did a basic air seal and mosfet. Then it just ran into a whole slew of problems like tappet plate spring breaking, mosfet got cooked, spring got crooked, even trigger spring broke. I was so frustrated I decided to just splash out and got a dead MK8 and asked a technician to mod it, Solink 5, metal 7075 gearbox and pretty mid to high tier parts. It works very well.

Now my SLR has just been collecting dust and I want to do some work on it. Firstly because I’m good with my hands and I want to mod it myself and not have to rely on a tech to do everything. Secondly I figured that blasters just break and learning basic maintenance is just part of the game. Thirdly, after having watched a load of youtube videos, I have a sneaking suspicion the tech hasn’t really optimised everything and I want to check it myself (like proper shimming, AoE etc).

The problem now is, it seems the SLR v4 doesn’t take the most popular metal gearboxes available on the market right now, as I’m based in China. Most of the gearboxes are cut to fit the M4 and HK416 receivers, not the SLR. I’ve found two metal gearboxes that CAN fit but with some work done by grinding out the receiver in some areas.

My question is, what would be my best course of action, out of the following:

1. Just do a basic upgrade with ball bearing bushings, cylinder, piston, piston head, spring etc but leave the motor and gearbox stock. Basically just making sure I get a nice shim, good pinion and bevel contact and good air seal.

2. All of the above but with a cheap motor, maybe lower end brushless.

3. All of the above but with a Solink 5 and just run the thing until something breaks, then go from there

4. Go balls deep, everything, 7075 metal gearbox, Solink 5.

5. Fix up the SLR and just sell it and start over with a more common receiver that will take the more popular gearboxes and save myself the hassle

Currently my MK8 is running:

IFP 7075 gearbox
Solink 5
Stariver ball bearings
Stariver gears
SVT 1.88 MOSFET
Fortified anti-reverse latch
Metal trigger
Stariver nylon delayer chip PA66+
Teflon coated cylinder
IFP half teeth piston
4.0 lightweight piston head
green O-ring
SHS piano wire spring
IFP air nozzle
IFP tappet plate

Was just wondering if these can be directly copied over to the SLR? As this parts list was curated by a tech that I more or less trust, and well the MK 8 runs very well.

Oh and for those wondering, work done on the SLR as of now I think is just mosfet, basic air seal, inner barrel changed and handguard changed.

Thanks in advance!

IFP is a clone of LDT, would you get a LDT CNC gearbox directly ?

Ok, didn’t know that at all. IFP is the exact same as LDT? How much for an LDT 7075 gearbox? Where to buy one? I just checked Taobao and couldn’t find any. Does the LDT fit into an SLR v4? Or do I need to grind the receiver?

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

LDT has their own techs in Beijing that customise full cnc gearbox or even full blaster to your preferred performance, bounded by the law (not sure it’s 1.8 or 0.8 joule).

I would ask them about it’s compatibility on SLR V4.

Problem is I have the SLR in hand already and I can’t send it to them to work on since civilians can’t send blasters through the usual courier methods.

Would you happen to have a contact for them? A wechat or something? Thanks again!

Yes they have their official shop in taobao, also they have a few dealers. Do you speak chinese?

They won’t take your blaster for repair or upgrade. You need to ask them for the compatibility first. You can get a customised LDT CNC gearbox to install it yourself.

LDT have DD, N4, HK416A5, MP5, PDW etc full metal and cerakote… just my two cents, things won’t go very wrong if you have everything in LDT.

JJ blasters are relatively acceptable, but unfortunately not all workers in the factory have the same skills in shimming and assembling the blaster.

1 Like

Hi. Yes I speak Chinese, I’ll take a look and see if I can find the official store. Problem is, usually I can only find the dealers.

So the SLR v4 is just a complete headache then? Since no gearbox on the market fits?

Yeah the idea is to take it apart and reshim the gears and switch out the factory shit with better parts, I’m just not sure if its worth the time and effort, since I can’t find anyone else that has done so. Maybe I’ll be the first person ever and finally there will be a documented instance on the internet.

1 Like

The quality of Jingji SLR V4 is already “relatively acceptable” and convenient to mod comparing to other gel blasters. However, you might have got one not that well-tuned.

[quote=“Martin, post:1, topic:1995, full:true”]

Stariver ball bearings

I’d go with plain bushes as the bearings have not survived as long in our experience. The rest of the brand names not available in Australia so not sure

Cool thanks, will keep that in mind.

1 Like