Just want to check in your opinion, who make the best Glock18 Green gas pistol

Also, from pics I see some slides have the shell extractor as a separate piece and some is milled into the part. Not that it does much with no shell it just looks cheap when it’s milled into the slide.

Where does the time go, I had a 1st gen before the generations started. Model 22 .40 short&weak. Ripper of a pistola.

The 18c is pretty rad https://youtu.be/xYTWb_f-WAY?si=Ut2prjSoFaVSwMbX

I also have a soft spot for the Beretta 93R

oh i noticed in the video it’s not the compensator version otherwise it would have the porting on the slide.

EDIT: I have never seen the unported version, only the ported version… thanks matrix reloaded.

1 Like

The club Glock Model 22 went 420000 rounds before the slide cracked in half. Sent back to Austria for them to have a look, replaced slide free of charge and sent it back good to go. Pretty amazing.

Not sure on the porting myself but know what you mean. I vaguely remember something about that being on the 1st gen 18c then removed later on as they don’t sell many of them.

as in aesthetically or practically?

Which part? 420k or the porting?

Pretty sure the G18 in the Gthumb video I posted above is a Gen3 gun where they dropped the porting as it had minimal effect and to save machining costs. Gen 1 18’s had the iconic porting. But because of lack of sales of the model it hasn’t progressed beyond Gen3 or any real need to. 1200 rps buzz saw does the job.

The barrels last for ages too because of the polygonal rifling and hammer forged. With a low pressure pistol round they go forever.

the porting.

bugger you 20 char minimum rubbish!

1 Like

Ah I did a bit of looking on the Glock website. There is 2 models. Glock 18 with the non ported slide and barrel and the Glock 18C (c for compensator) with.

Well there you go I learnt something new.

GLOCK Perfection | G18

GLOCK Perfection | G18C

Matrix reloaded used the non ported version, so I misremembered that one. Mandela effect?

The Dark Knight uses a glock 17 that was converted to full auto so it’s not an 18 in the traditional sense.

1 Like

It is hard to remember with all the 18’s, 18C, converted 17’s you see in movies and videos like the garand thumb one above threw me off as well. Then you got the rear slide switches going ape in the USA news when you watch that :rofl: Then video games as well.

Still the G18C is a beast at 1200rps. I sure wouldn’t want Austrian counter terrorism forces pointing them at me :laughing:

I just assumed they skipped the 18 moniker and went straight to 18c.

Plus I prefer the aesthetics of the ported 18C.