Lh aug v3 gear box

Cheap for a reason, but still it works. Must be not sealing right if you only got 250fps. Could be the cylinder head if you didn’t replace that and have the nozzle right. I like the 4 way selector. I can only think of one other that did that. I like how they slapped the V3 motor mount on to a V2. A lot of people poo poo the Aug but meh, I love it.

It is tricky with the t piece and the way it is aligned and held in place. I ended up with two o rings and redrilling the dimple the screw locks down on to. Not all are the same though I’ve noticed variances in others. Mine was 230 fps OTB.

1 Like

I think that t piece location issue and bad sealing was an early problem… I seem to remember Low Guido encountering it with a LH AUG.

Yeah, I like AUGs as well… something different and being a bullpup scores points in my book. :+1:

Hi, do you think they have sorted t piece problem with the A3 .

The t piece problem was only an issue with the old LeHui AUGs.

The JG A1s, A2s and A3s are from a different manufacturer.

This is for the Lehui made Aug. Never made an A3 afaik.

They did make a revision with a yellow t-piece but I remember someone posting problems with that one. Feeding issues iirc.

So the LH AUG is a A2, WHICH I PURCHASED 2 DAYS AGO, HOW DO YOU TELL BETWEEN MODELS .

Google searching Steyr AUG models would be best. But visually…

A1

A2

A3

You’re correct, the LH AUG is an A2.

2 Likes

With scope no pic = A1
Pic instead of scope = A2
Pic everywhere = A3
:joy:

1 Like

I have a ALH AUG A2 COMING WHERE DO YOU THINK I CAN PURCHASE A SCOPE FOR MY A2 ALMOST LIKE THE A1 SMALL AND SLEEK.

Fake ACOG

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005265940373.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.main.17.71047WdW7WdWfv&algo_pvid=11c2d956-f540-4e95-a2a5-53e562b6628e&algo_exp_id=11c2d956-f540-4e95-a2a5-53e562b6628e-8&pdp_npi=3%40dis!AUD!89.22!44.61!!!!!%40210219c216874282734483843d0777!12000032415327483!sea!AU!2489966829&curPageLogUid=Qz41TCnuEM1n

Fake 3x

Fake Micro RDS

Sorta makes you wonder what the designers were thinking with the A1 having a fixed proprietary scope.
The A2 with the picatinny handle at least made up for it with its design, which was obviously popular considering the amount of picatinny they added on the next version!

didn’t the A1 come out before pic rails were standardised?

Had a few of those metal ACOG’s, but they were definitely more expensive than those prices!

so just doing a quick google the pic rail was being standardized in the 1980’s and the A1 was put into service in 1978

correction: supposedly it was the Weaver rail that had tried to be standardized in the 80’s which seems to of been a precursor to the Pic rail.

2 Likes

I like these optics on my AUGs…

But I flip them around on the mount, just think it suits the shape and angles of the AUG better. :point_down: :man_shrugging:
Screenshot_20230610_074920_Photos~2

2 Likes

It’s only because that design was from 1977 where weaver or pic rails were not common. ie A1 Steyr Aug is STG77. Dachapo’s googlefu is correct :rofl: Hardly any military rifles had any scope at all in the 70’s.

Apparently the A1 scopes were pretty servicable… but I’m sure there are some ex service peeps on here who can shed some light on that.

Almost worth springing for the JG if the integrated scope’s your bag, but worth noting they didn’t get the reticle right… crosshairs instead of just the “donut of death”.

Hi , I purchased a LH Aug cyc head and nozzel , it was a tight fit [ very tight ] when put together, the tappet plate keeps getting stuck ??? , put the original cyc head no problems, can I use universal gears .

Did you lube the cyl head o rings?

Check the tappet plate is not too wide mine was rubbing and holding it up. Especially in the head area where it makes the nozzle go to and fro. The box is acrylic so flexes a lot. Back the screws off unless you got a wrong head, gen8 or V2 will not fit.

Gears, yes any V2 type will work.

Hi , what about heat with the mosfet , will it malfunction if too hot , and will it reset when cools down , my shed is a bit hot 39deg inside while testing .