Lh aug v3 gear box

Sorry haven’t played with the ACR. I’m pretty sure it’s different manufacturer from Lehui AUG so different setup.

ACR owners chime in when you can unless they are in the rubbish bin. :grinning:

1 Like

Did ACRs run the same V2 hybrid gearbox as the Gen 9s? :thinking:

One for you to answer, methinks. @DocBob

1 Like

Yes, the ACR’s were the same as those weird short lived Gen9/Gen10 hybrid gearboxes…… the ones between the old Gen8’s and yet not quite V2’s :roll_eyes:

Hence MK Tactical producing the Hybrid 92 box to fill the gap in that market where they were still a one off design that didn’t translate into the new V2/V3 designs.

Absolutely loved my ACR’s …. except for the “Ugg Boot” models :joy:

IMG_6436

Awesome solid blasters that were built like Sherman Tanks.

Highly upgradeable and easy to accessorise.

Absolutely adored my ACR MSR Bushmaster as a cool full custom, but also highly regarded even the stock ACR’s as a solid investment for anyone getting into the hobby.

Again…. whatever old pics I have available on this phone! :roll_eyes:

IMG_6822

1 Like

That was it, bingo on the money. Hybrid can get confused easily as there is a couple.

I’ve never laid hands on a gen8 or g9 gearbox, I went straight in APS V2 and never looked back with the other numerous V2, V2/V3 hybrid and straight out V3 in the APS AK74 series. Dealt with err nothing really, plenty of parts available worldwide as most are same as where it came from.

The wells cylinder head was a neat bit giving +2mm tappet travel to accommodate for the larger ball in the cyl head dimensions that’s why they are 72mm and not 70mm cylinder swept volume. That’s why they feed well always. V3 doesen’t matter as that’s about the same inherently.

It’s all been done to death in the past on the old forum. But oh well you get that.

1 Like

Yes, that old school weird thing about cylinder lengths and heads that weren’t quite standard across the board.

I obviously cut my teeth on Gen8, plus SKD/STD stuff to start with way back then…… but when the Gen9/10’s were released, along with the WELLS M401 etc…. the game changed somewhat into an industry where we had no standards anymore!

It was a Great Leap Forward for the manufacturers to decide to standardise the Gelblaster market in alignment with Airsoft.

Basically dropping our weird one off Gelblaster designs and aligning them with the world popular manufacturing of Airsoft products.

I do believe that this was the “ light bulb” moment where manufacturers could simply redesign Airsoft Products to work with the Gel industry.

Certainly makes a shitonne of sense to align production and manufacturing processes into already established Airsoft models, rather than continuing to manufacture another product on the smaller outside gel market.

Hence why the turning point in the history of Gelblasters between the original Gen8 toy, the following confusion of the Gen9/10 hybrid models trying to improve Gelblaster design……… but finally having the “light bulb” moment to simply copy Airsoft designs instead of trying to continuously reinvent the wheel for Gelblaster models.

It’s a great part of the history of this hobby when we realise how it has evolved over the years, especially when taking into consideration how the manufacturers have seen the future of how they design Gelblasters more inline with Airsoft products.

My silly little enjoyment out of building/customising these things was the huge difference in performance available through the old Gen8 7-8mm gel large sized piston head/nozzle sizes that could pump out SERIOUS amounts of volume extremely quickly!

After the Gen9/10’s and V2/3’s etc, their direct copy of Airsoft designs have all been downgraded/hobbled by tiny cylinder heads/nozzles designed for small 6mm BB’s, which has greatly reduced the amount of air availability to push through a larger gel sized barrel!

I always took great enjoyment getting 420-450 FPS out of a cheap nylon Gen8 blaster way back when the very latest high performance blasters were getting rave reviews for 220-250 FPS and costing a lot of money.

I’m rambling now…… but basically…. all blasters work off of the same principle, and it doesn’t matter if they are nylon or metal, 7 or 11v, $1500 or $110…. they can always be modified to do amazing things that suits the owners requirements :+1::sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s still where the kick is for me… modding them. Spend more time on the bench than on the field these days.

Gotta say, all the contemporary blasters I’ve bought lately aren’t as much fun to tinker with. Sure, you can play dress up with accessories but performance wise, if they’re hitting 340 out of the box, the challenge isn’t there. :man_shrugging:

That’s why I’m always on the hunt for the weird old shitters that were lucky to make it to 200FPS. Gives me an excuse to get the tools out.

What is thw stock on the ACR? Looks a lot better than the one I’m trying to mod with a cheek riser

It’s a Sniper Stock, nothing normally available for fitment on an ACR.

There’s a couple of modifications to get it to fit, and you have to rewire for a forward battery position…… as this stock has no capacity for holding a battery.

Hi , I’ve a atomic armoury aug a1 poor fps , have done oring test pressure , checked t piece , fps 154 , m110 spring , any tips or have I missed anything.

You might be using oversized gels

WOW! There’s definitely something extremely wrong if you are only getting that amount of FPS even as stock standard, let alone an M110 spring!

Was it that bad OOTB, or has it gone downhill since you have modified it?

I’ve checked the gear box , changed the piston to a metal rack piston, [ even through they advised it being a metal rack piston ], o ring changed again , a good clean , re lube , I phoned the other day asking what size spring was in the aug , they didn’t know. , they don’t advise what fps it puts out ether , they probably didn’t test fps after warranty repair. Next step try different gel grow times.

no barrel blockages? i had some dry gel pieces do that to my fps one.

Fresh grown aus gel yellows , is ok , now fps 200, shoots well to nearly 30 mts , it’ll shoot , cheap milkys ok , I popped the original spring back in , 200 fps , will try aus gel white pearls, grown a little longer, barrel 7.5mm , better fit , ooooo I put fresh battery’s in the crono, still 200 fps , any more tips out there, my be a smaller inner ID BARREL , o , by the way I tried to purchase a new T piece , they have sold out waiting for re stock.

Gotta be an air seal issue at the t piece… having a similar issue with a blaster, M100 spring, great cylinder compression when tested out if the box, only getting 220fps in.

Maybe the nozzle length is off? Wrong one, maybe?

You could be right , it’s a atomic armoury aug a1 , can’t replace the t piece they have none, and when ???, my be i should purchase another nozzel and end piece , what’s compatible with v3 atomic armoury box , especially aug a1 , i noticed that their was no o ring in the nozzle piece .

Not familiar with those particular blasters, unfortunately. :person_shrugging:

The old school in me says go into a retailer and see if you can find a nozzle that’s slightly longer than the one you have in your AA. Swap it out, see if it helps.

My nearest gel blaster shop is 2 .30 hr round drive , I’ve heaps of parts my self , I might , have a look . any one out their know what’s the closest to a v3 gb , parts ext,ext. cheers