Lh aug v3 gear box

Heheheheh, found, red wire broke off switch [counter ] we shall see .

1 Like

Tryed the o ring on the nozzel rubber [atomic armoury a1 aug ] worked well 150 fps to 280 fps but wouldnā€™t feed well nozzle tip just sticking over the feed tube , next , oring in t piece .

There you go, o ring in t piece , fps 300, [atomic armoury aug a1 ] . LH aug a2 , now fps 280 . Thanks guys , it was a learning experience.:wink:

There ya goā€¦ nice work :+1:

Hallelujah Brother :pray:
Giving away a lot of my old trade secrets here, but awesome to see that itā€™s helping to get a few blasters sorted for people having issues :sunglasses:

If you have the urge to push the FPS further, which we both know wonā€™t really result in anything spectacular other than bragging rightsā€¦ā€¦ I still recommend the 7.3mm barrel fitment for yaself and @Clyde if you want to fine tune these blasters even further :sunglasses:

Again, is all about longer barrels on 100% cylinders, which is more relevant for yourself with the EBR over the AUGā€™s that @Clyde is playing withā€¦ā€¦. but the opportunity for improvement is still there in both cases, as well as testing different types of gels.

7.3ā€™s were always my straight out go-to barrel size for performance builds, especially when combined with all of the modern aftermarket performance hardened gels in their smaller growth sizes.

I fitted 7.3ā€™s into shorter barrelled blasters, but this then required working out/testing different ported cylinders to find the exact right combination for each particular blaster.

Best performance I usually achieved as a combination on long barrelled blasters was a 100% cylinder, Gen8 sized nozzle and a 7.3 barrel in song with an obviously well built gearbox/t-piece /100% air seal assembly :ok_hand:

EDIT forgot to wank on about AUSGEL springs!
I spent many years building/testing hardened black wire springs, ā€œMā€ rated springs from many different manufacturers including Airsoft brands and whatever else was being sold on the market, linear springs and unequal length springsā€¦ā€¦ and yet the AUSGEL 1.18/1.28/1.38 Springs are absolutely the best that I ever tested! :ok_hand:

Unequal springs gave me the shits with their deformation within the gearbox that led to piston/spring retainer/sector gear alignment issues, whereas linear springs never had any problems.

I went through all of the high reputation brands of unequal springs and still found many issues with deformation and harsh hammering on the gearbox in operation :frowning:

AUSGEL springs were well made, ran as smooth as silk within the gearbox, didnā€™t deform/degrade through use and punched well above their weight when the wire size was compared against ā€œMā€ rated high quality springs.

1.18 became the standard spring size in many later model stock models to reach 270-280 FPS compared with the earlier 1.16 200-230 FPS blastersā€¦ā€¦. And yet an AUSGEL 1.18 in a standard blaster would easily achieve 300-320 FPS without touching anything else!

I had my Nylon Gen8 test pig hitting 430+ FPS with a M150 SHS Spring that was an absolute jackhammer on the gearbox, whereas the AUSGEL 1.38 could hit 390-410 FPS and cycle like oil on water :ok_hand:

Dunno what those guys at AUSGEL were doing, but I still bang on about their springs right up to this dayā€¦ā€¦. obviously! :joy:

3 Likes

Yep, Ausgel 1.18 springs were the ones I used more than any other, for sureā€¦ they just worked and delivered on what they promised. :+1: Like you, I donā€™t like many of the unequal springs on offer, variable results with them and not always good.

Brought back a lot of memories with your post there, Docā€¦ the days when we were still trialing different combos of springs, cylinder and piston heads, cylinder porting. Gettinā€™ all funky with mods that were fairly innovative back then. Blasters are like cars these days, not a lot of improvement needed out of the box, theyā€™ve taken all the challenge out of it. :laughing: I mean, a CYMA M4 CQB with a green o ring and a spring upgrade will give you 280FPS on the chrono easily. I remember on the old forum that was a result worth posting up. :person_shrugging:

Thatā€™s good for new punters, I guessā€¦ and people are still buying Gen 8s and such because of their low price piont, so the old tricks are still valuable. I still keep an eye out for the old models, the QBZ Type 95 I picked up from BigMuthaDrums is a case in point.

Totally proprietry Bing Feng gearbox, hits around 200FPSā€¦ now thereā€™s an old banger I can get my teeth into. :wink:

Very true words indeed :ok_hand:
Much like the invention of Tappetless Cylinder Heads, Electric Blow Back Bolt Systems etcā€¦ā€¦. can only do so much with the original old designs before running out of further development on anything, so then these completely new systems appear on the market to take things even further :sunglasses:

This has been a golden bit of nostalgia for me. The old ausgel 1.18 springs ran nylon gears so well, smooth and gave very little stress on the gears and box, and still got close to 300fps easily. I very often opted for them over m90s as they were so gentle on gears. My gen8 ump ran a 1.28 ausgel spring for over a year getting 320fps on a short barrel, and after no maintenance for that time I built a singularity with all the fruit, swapped it over and inspected the gearbox and it looked brand new with no wear at all! That gearbox actually lives on now in a HQ? mp5.

I really enjoyed and learned heaps with the ā€œtoyā€ blasters, getting them to be a performing workhorse was always a great journey!

Aaaahhhh yes, the good old singularly gearboxes, my go-to for everything at the time :ok_hand:

Pretty sure I still have a stack of them still unopened packed away somewhere!

They still held together with the 400 FPS + builds no problemā€¦ā€¦ except for the poor old AR Latches until I eventually found a fix for them :+1:

Busted AR in standard Gen8 Gearbox about to have its parts swapped into a Singularity versionā€¦ā€¦ excuse the blue towel, I think the Red Towel*TM was in the wash that day :joy:

Can definitely spot the difference in quality and thickness of the nylon between the two different boxes, especially over the cylinder area.

Whilst on the topicā€¦ā€¦.Just noticed this has one of the old badly glued/extended nozzle rubber mods as well !!!

AND also just noticed the old fake SHS gear set that I would use in the old test pigs :pig:

Hi everyone, Iā€™m fairly new to the hobby and came across this forum as Iā€™ve just purchased a Lehui Aug and was looking for info on upgrades - had a good read through all of the above which has been really helpful!

Was hoping someone could weigh in on which spring to get in order to get my fps up a bit (maybe to 270+)?

For context Iā€™m keeping the internals fairly stock (for no other reason than Iā€™m new to it all!) apart from basic easy upgrades like a green o-ring, a 100% cylinder and maybe nozzle.

An Ausgel 1.18 sounds like it could be the go, but Iā€™ve heard mixed opinions (e.g. staying between M80 and M100 for nylon gearboxes) and without a point of reference Iā€™m just worried about accidentally going overboard upping the fps too much at the cost of durability (stripping the nylon gears, cracking the polycarb gear box, etc).

Cheers in advance guys!

1 Like

Ausgel 1.18 is around M90 equivalent. Check out the Low Guido video on the LH to make sure you get the sealing sorted out

1 Like

Ausgel 1.18 in the stock gearbox and gears is fine been running it for couple years.

1 Like

Pretty sure the fix Low Guido suggests with spacing the t piece back is no longer needed.

I bought a new LeHui AUG last year and it was fine out of the box. LGā€™s video is definitely worth watching though. :+1:

And Iā€™ll second the Ausgel 1.18 springā€¦ what I use and works fine.

2 Likes

Oh awesome, great to know thatā€™s itā€™s fine under use, thanks!

1 Like

Thanks guys, yeah the Low Guido vid convinced me to get one. Yeah for what itā€™s worth I picked mine up a couple of weeks ago and T-piece spacing seems fine.

1 Like

Coolā€¦ something you DONā€™T have to fix :laughing:

Nice platform, paint that sucker up, whack on a metal short barrel and an optic and youā€™re good to go with a pretty neat bullpup.

Andā€¦ itā€™s NOT an M4 :rofl:

3 Likes