LTD Spring Mags

what are your thoughts on the LTD spring mags?

Good idea on one hand, bit of a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist, and for the one problem it may solve it may give another.
In high rate of fire it may help feed gels into the feed ramp more consistently. But the gels will be under pressure the whole time they are in the mag.
Also I don’t feel they would be quick and easy to load.
I might be missing the point of these?

Here ya go…

2 Likes

I’ve got a couple but the blaster I have that fits them is in need of work so haven’t been used in a game yet.

From the little bit of testing I’ve done at home they work as described, definitely want to use the harder gels but the spring that’s pre-fitted is the stronger of the two supplied and I didn’t have any issues with crushing gels, I typically use AKA gels.

Feeding was consistent with no jams or breakages.

Reloading is definitely where this gets cumbersome, that 3D printed contraption does help, but it’s another piece you gotta carry around, but once you get the hang of it doesn’t take that much longer and it does hold slightly more.

They feel pretty sturdy so I wouldn’t be scared to drop one, thou I usually play outdoors so it’s never been an issue anyway.

The only issue I had was they didn’t fit my LDT HK oddly enough, but fit my SLR no worries, could of been the ambi mag release I had swapped out thou.

i have heard there a lot better feeding wise (as long as you don’t over fill).
can keep up with higher rps blasters would u recommend over regular gen 8 mags or should i wait for the aztech spring mags to release. im not a fan on how they are so long the aztech mags are but if they are better i will get them

The aliens pulse rifle has spring mags as well.
Landing soon.

Reviews to follow…

Shoot I bought a couple of these and still haven’t tried them… DOH!

1 Like