M41A Pulse Rifle……Nerf to gel conversion

True… but I believe that was where the fun factor was back in the day. :thinking:

With the early gear it was pretty easy to spot the design flaws and go to town with weird and wonderful modifications and adaptations to make it work and improve a shitty setup.

Sometimes you’d use pirated parts from other blasters, sometimes Jaycar parts, RC parts, Bunnings plumbing section parts, often hand made bespoke components… whatever was lying around and would do the job… the old “chewy and spit” approach. :+1:

This Nerf build’s great for that reason… it’s like going back in time 5 years. :wink:

2 Likes

@DocBob
I do know they were a pain even changing springs if you weren’t careful and bent the tab😅
I’m thinking more a micro switch with the roller to pick up the first piston tooth as it comes back🤔

Yeah that was my fix in the very end…… roller contact switch relocated out of the way of the spring retainer! :joy::+1:

Any more updates…?

20 char…

Days of priming, filling, sanding , repriming, filling, sanding :sweat_smile: cure times​:roll_eyes:
Have gone through a tin of etch and high fill surfacer primer and still have to go get more to finish it off to an acceptable level before colour :grimacing: nerf gun plastics suck​:rofl:

1 Like

So, what you’re saying, is you really don’t wanna do 10 of them, to sell on discord…??

:rofl::rofl:

Can’t say, I’d blame you…!!

Just a lot of sunken parts in the moulding that you don’t see when it in bright nerf colours.:sweat_smile:
Throw some primer on and let it dry to start flat sanding ……. OMG :laughing:
Will get there, just gotta wait till payday for more supplies :rofl::+1:

If you really wanted to get adventurous you could cast a mould of it and start pumping those out. There’s a market there for a higher than nerf quality M41. Just saying as BME said he’ll buy 10 straight away on discord :rofl: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Quick, get the pre-orders in…
Need 100 , done, in time for Xmas…

No problems, right.?.?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

There you go…
Now, its screen accurate…

You can stop work now…!!

You mean I gotta paint it back the way it was!:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

Sounds like a peice of piss. 5 minute job.

Interesting interview, with Sigourney Weaver…circa 86/87, before it was released…

a few takeaways…

• In her private life, she doesn’t like guns. She had to overcome that, to do the scenes…she has stated in previous interviews, " She hates guns"…

But her character , has to resort to violence, as a last resort, to save Newt…

• They all treated the live firing blanks, as real weapons…handling a real flamethrower, would be so dangerous…I dont think they’d allow that nowadays, in making a movie…

• Aliens 3…she said she wouldn’t come back…not a high watermark , piece of work…but she came back $$ anyway… at least James Cameron, gave her a role, in Avatar…