Members Motorbike related Hobbies outside of Gelblaster appreciation

Yeah, the Z-Owners club’s pretty active up here on the Sunny Coast, hold regular meets.

The Z-Owners down in Melbourne used to be a hoot. Whenever the old Valhalla Cinema screened a session of that great 70’s counter culture bike movie “Stone” the street out the front would be lined with Kwaka 9s.

It was like the Gravediggers were out on a movie night. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s with a sad heart I have said goodbye to one of my kids
My Kawasaki Z1100 B1 has gone to a new home.
It has not gone far
The mate I mentioned here who owns 26 bikes (now 27) now owns it.
He has been pestering me for two years about this one and the z750 and the rg250.
So I relented
Also I did something crazy and gave the money to the misses to put away for the move to the states.
I could not trust myself to not buy another one.
:sob::sob::sob::sob:

100_0108
100_0109

5 Likes

Sad but awesome to see that it has gone to a loving home and you can get visitation rights if you ever have the urge to go and give it a hug :hugs:

Were did my post go??

Apologies, stupid phone touch screens and fat thumbs hit the wrong button, is restored back again :+1:

2 Likes

THIS WILL BE ME FOR THE NEXT FEW WEEK’S

1 Like

2 Likes

When @Bikersmurf arrives in America…

DEFINITELY going i will need to take my blood pressure medication with me also .
Now I have to figure out how to spin it as “visiting a health retreat” to the wife .

2 Likes

Looks like a hoot.

Closest thing I ever went on was the annual Toy Run. Pales in comparison :grinning:

2 Likes

Dang it, just missed out on a teenage dream bike of mine going for good price. I was second in line. Oh well probably good thing I did…

1 Like

That sucks mate, even if the finances are tight, it’s not often opportunities arise to have your dream machine come up for sale.

I had the same when a good mate of mine offered to sell me a car that he knew was my dream machine……… but sadly at the wrong time financially :frowning:

If he’d only called me 3 months earlier, I would have had my dream car right now………

His hobby is finding these vehicles and getting them roadworthy/registered and then on selling them to finance the next project.

He offered me this for pretty much the same price as he paid for the farm find :flushed:

Got any pics/details of your teenage road rocket mate?

3 Likes

Paint it red and that’s christine :heart_eyes:

Tarmac and I don’t get along as has been proven in the past. I’ma chook chaser :+1:

'95, 49hp, wide ratio g’box would tap out at 160klm/h on dirt stock.

1 Like

You must have had some pretty fkn fast chooks mate!

Back when we were young and invincible, those were the days……. I don’t reckon I could throw a leg over that these days let alone ride it! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yea I still like to throw a leg over :laughing: then my shoulder reminds me of it breaking years ago. I’d rather that than the B dub I nearly got flattened by on south road Adel, which made my exit stage left of road riding pretty damn fking fast as I was kissing the bull bar at full twist.

1 Like

Holy crap!
I’d certainly choose a high speed dirt landing over head butting a Prime Mover Bullbar too!

2 Likes

I have been lucky enough to have ridden most of my dream bikes in my job

Customers bikes need to be test thrashed (sorry I meant ridden)
After being serviced.:wink:

As for owning my dream bikes they don’t build a shed big enough for that.
Hang on how big is an aircraft hanger :thinking:

The only current bike I would be interested in taking for a long thrash
Is a Kawasaki H2R top speed 380kph
But now days they get one of the sales staff to lead you in a test ride.

Back in my days you went on your own and could even borrow it for the day.
But the millennials and woke brigade put a stop to that.
So what if you thrashed it mercilessly on the test ride
They were built for that
But alas some did not come back to the shop.
You just had to judge the character of the customer before handing over the keys.
But you can’t do that now it’s called
" Profile shaming" .
Well here’s my thoughts on that

And yes I have this badge on my jacket.
Same sticker on my helmet and one on the bumper on the car.

2 Likes

Oh wow, a lead test rider :roll_eyes: Bloody hell what next. Someone show me how to have a dump so I don’t fall in.

1 Like