Members Motorbike related Hobbies outside of Gelblaster appreciation

A thread for Members to discuss and share their love and knowledge of everything Motorcycle related.

Past line up of Yamaha bikes. The black Stryker 1300cc is my current ride. Ive also had Honda CR80 as a kid, Honda CB900 first road bike, yamaha virago 750, Suzuki GSXR 1100 and a Kawasaki GPZ1100.

8 Likes

My first bike was a HONDA 3 wheeler as a kid in the mid 1970’s, then an XR70 as a young teenager on the farm, nothing special, but good fun chook chasers!

3 Likes

The only one I own now after owning oh so many over the years…

Heavily modified now after a full engine rebuild and new Mikuni flatslides. I forgot how much I love rebuilding these early air cooled Kwakas.

I figured if I was down to one bike, it just had to be a '76. No regrets. :+1:

3 Likes

Yep I’m definitely moving. It’s all good no one will notice your 50yo son :laughing:

First start up after a bottom to top rebuild.

Owned since new 2003, first of the MX 450 that started the class, goes like the clappers. Front wheel = air any gear of 4 … your choice. Light too at just over 100kg’s.

I prefer dirt and no one trying to kill me on bitumen. I’m quite capable myself. I do love road bikes but had a dozen and more too many close calls I had to call it quits.

4 Likes

Very nice bit of kit… :clap: hard not to love a Yammie dirt bike.

I’m the opposite to you… Plenty capable on the blacktop, but put me on dirt and I’ll end up chewing gravel for a week. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah well I’ve done that too :rofl: Fractured collar bone and fucked ankle later after a mate landed on top of me doing 60ft dune jumps on a KX250 two stroke… I’m starting to wonder :joy:

I was so close to the early model YZF R1. Then a riding buddy had a big get off on his CBR600. I got slammed into the gutter on my chook chaser going to work… the writing was on the wall, drivers can’t see a bright yellow Zook RMX250 with a rider wearing pink flurou in SA apparently.

Uncle had a close call on his Triumph recently and is about to sell it. Something about arthitis in his hand and the middle finger only sticks up when hand signaling :rofl:

Last time I was ogling a bike shop I was looking at a RC Blade with a sticker of $35K. Full Ohlins on the fly adjustable boingers. Red white and blue. Better than sex :laughing:

2 Likes

The universal biker’s language we all revert to when we’re dealing with errant cage drivers…

1 Like

Motorbiiiikes

lookin to get an electric dirtbike one of these days after I get my license keen to show ya

2 Likes

Electrician/Mechanic mate of mine was fitting electric motors to his quad bikes for up at his fishing shack in Guilderton……. he reckoned that they went like the powers of piss towing his dinghy out of the water and flogging through the sand dunes :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

This was my first road bike…80’s model honda CM 250…belt drive…

And this was my 2nd…Kwaka VN 750 shaft drive…

It leaked oil, i had it for 12 -16 months, and traded it for a Kwaka GPX 750…

nb…the chronology is real…but all images taken from net…

2 Likes

CURRENT BIKES IN THE SHED THAT I OWN

DUCATI 900SSD
THIS IS THE FIRST RIDE I WENT WITH THE WIFE TO BE 25YEARS AGO
SHE EVEN CAME WITH HER OWN BIKE A 1980 GS650.
THATS WHEN I NEW SHE WAS A KEEPER(THE WIFE NOT THE BIKE)

SUZUKI GSX1100

HONDA 650

HONDA TRANSALP 650

KAWASAKI B1

1964 ROYAL ENFIELD 500

Z750

AND AN SUZUKI RG250(WILL TAKE PIC AND POST)
BECAUSE I LOVE THE SMELL OF TWO STROKE IN THE MORNING.
MOST OF YOU HERE KNOW MY BIKES COME AND GO ON A REGULAR BASIS

4 Likes

NOW THE BIKE’S THE WIFE OWNS

HONDA TRIKE

SUZUKI BURGMAN 400

KAWASAKI DRIFTER 1500 MADE TO LOOK LIKE AN INDIAN

HONDA VT750

MOTO GUZZI 750

PEUGEOT 500

5 Likes

Strewth…!!!
You have more bikes, than @Davbot71 has pistols…!!

1 Like

Damn… nice collection of two wheels there, Smurf. :clap:

If you get sick of blasters you could always open up a bike museum.

That Transalp… always wanted one when I was younger. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I used to have a few in the shed…

Mostly Jappos and Brit bikes…

I remember riding up to Rick’s Garage up at Palmwoods with the wife on my Vulcan V twin, parked out the front and got boxed in by HDs. When it was time to leave I fired up the Vulcan to let it warm up, it had custom baffles and sounded absolutely mint, great nite from those pipes.

I went over to one of the Harley riders to ask him to shift his bike… no problem, nice guy so he came out to move his Evo.
He clocked the Vulcan and said, “Mate, that’s the best sounding Harley I’ve ever heard!”
I laughed my arse off, pointed to the badge on the tank and the radiator hanging off the front of the donk and said " Now go back to your mates and tell them what you just told me".

Pretty sure he didn’t… :laughing:

5 Likes

theres the rg 250 since its out i will take it out through the cane fields for a blat this morning

3 Likes

I remember the RGs… plenty of learner riders ended up with skid marks on their jocks over those little pocket rockets. :laughing:

I used to have a 1985 Yammie RZ500R, my favourite 2 stroke ride. Looked like this before a complete dick in 4x4 decided to hook a left turn right in front of me with his right hand indicator on.

Got written off two weeks after I rebuilt the engine and gearbox and resprayed the fairings in the Japanese domestic scheme. :roll_eyes:

I miss that little bike. Tons of fun in the twisties.

1 Like

Aha someone speaks the lingo :love_you_gesture:. Usual situ driver blew a T junction as uncle was crossing he took evasive maneuver to miss being splattered on a KIA some fuckingthing :rofl: