MP5 LDT FPS upgrades

As @Maiphut commented, those are crap batteries, with a crap charger and those are dangerously low numbers for an 11.1V battery :flushed:

A correctly fully charged 11.1V done with a proper quality balance charger will actually output somewhere around 14 volts when charged properly.

The 10V output you have shown, along with the cheap tiny batteries is the whole cause of probable any issues that you might be experiencing with that blaster.

This is poor enough to effect FPS, ROF, Accuracy and feeding issues from the magazine.

Get yourself a proper TURNIGY battery, either single or nunchuck style deposit on your available spaceā€¦ and MOST importantlyā€¦ a quality battery charger such as a SKY RC as recommended above :white_check_mark:

Using this motor, with the modifications you have previously listed, combined with this battery will definitely lead to very poor performances, motor/battery overheating and extremely short battery life :flushed:

Itā€™s like building a Ferrari and then fitting a Briggs and Stratton power trainā€¦ā€¦. just ainā€™t never gonna work :confused:

1 Like

Just googled it and donā€™t look any better than using the USB charger :flushed::roll_eyes:

Thanks @DocBob and @Maiphut ,
I will replace my batteries and charger ASAP.
Iā€™m so frustrated with Gel Blaster retailers right now.
I sent my blaster back under warranty when I first bought it as the motor was too hot to touch after one magazine of gels and they replaced the motor, at that same time I returned the B3 charger that they sold me with the blaster as it died on first use. The X Force balance charger was supposed to be an upgrade and I paid extra for it.
Iā€™m guessing that the batteries and charger have been a problem from the start, I even sent it to a tech and paid for them to fix it when it started happening again as I had made the upgrades so voided my warranty.
You would think that the retailer would know more than the average punter and not sell products that are not fit for their purpose.
Thanks again to the brains trust for giving me the advice that I needed.
Cheers.

1 Like

Try one of these are great for a battery, fit in AR buffer tube.

Turnigy Nano-tech 1200mah 11.1v 3cell 25-50c Li-on Battery ā€“ OP Force Delta Gel Blasters

Just check your Dimensions: 116x16x19mm battery size for the turnigy. Just doing some reading might not fit in your MP5. hmm but the Bigrrr one lists as 150x30x30 size so I dunno :thinking: probably typo canā€™t be that big surely.

The Bigrrr battery has a basic 20c discharge rate so will struggle with upgrades like heavier springs etc. Not many options out there from a quick look.

1 Like

The other option would be to double up your Bigrrr batteries, I read that can be done on the MP5. That would give you more juice.

2 Likes

Hi @Maiphut , thanks for the advice, I ordered the Turnigy Nano-tech 1200mah 11.1v 3cell 25-50c Li-on Battery. My MP5 is front wired so I should be able to fit it in the hand guard. If not I will attach a mock PEQ battery box to hold it. :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Something funny is going on here. I was just reading through the thread.
In the picture it shows a bigrrr mosfet. Is it the bigrrr mosfet?? If so I have these on all my blasters some front wired and some rear. All bigrrr mosfets have mag prime. Itā€™s a setting that can be switched on and off via a combo of selector movements and trigger pulls. If you are unable to put it into mag prime this could point to an overarching issue.
Now the only times Iā€™ve experienced what you are describing with a bigrrr with batteries and wires getting hot was with one that had a damaged wire and a another where the wiring had broken near the motor spade connector and it wasnā€™t visible. Poor soldering can also affect their performance.
I have been able to run all sort of batteries with zero issues both 7.4v and 11.1v. Even super tiny batteries I have run in the handguard of my MCX rattler.
My gut is telling me even if you get a turnigy you will still have issues.
I know it will be a pain but make sure the wiring is spot on everywhere.

3 Likes