New barrel problem

Before I changed the barrel it was shooting consistent. When I added the metal barrel it shoots far but then a little bit shorter, it also makes a popping noise what’s up with that

You might have an air leak there somewhere, possibly at the t-piece.

If it’s possible for you to post some pics of those parts, it will make it much easier for us all to help you out with advice :+1:

Here are some photos, did I put the barrel in the wrong way?

2 Likes

I just sent some photos.

1 Like

Barrel is right way, looks like a bit too much glue though.
It’s possible that some of that glue has squeezed into the t-piece inside where your gels feed into the barrel.
Shine a light down through the end of the t-piece and make sure that everything is aligned, has smooth edges and there’s no glue or any other obstructions into the barrel.

It should all be very smooth and shiny throughout the whole area.
If not, you can either try and clean it out, or my recommendation would be to get another t-piece and barrel and start again.

This way you can order the longer barrel you need for your hop-up and get rid of the piece of tube that is glued on the end :+1:

Yea I’ll try it out today, I got rid of the tube at the end. Does it matter which way the barrel goes in?

Just look at both ends of the barrel and choose the end that has the best finish/taper/polish :ok_hand:

2 Likes

Another reason I have used these for years now to align the barrels in the t-piece. Doesn’t allow glue to obstruct anything :+1:

3 Likes

That’s a great idea!
Have seen some barrels glued in with what must have been a whole teaspoon worth of glue :flushed:
Shit squeezed into places that make it a throwaway item as impossible to clean/smooth out properly.

A light smear applied as far towards the end of the t-piece as possible is more than enough to seal and prevent anything squeezing into places it shouldn’t be :+1:

I believe I found the problem, it was the ammo, the ones I was using worked with the old barrel but with the metal barrel they seemed to not work(they came with the gun) So I tried other ammo that didn’t work with the old barrel (the white ones that glow)but work now. The white ones seem to shoot farther and make a high pitch popping noise when the ones it came with make a lower pitch pop noise and shoot shorter. In their shrunken size the white ones are a lot bigger than the ones it came with but when they grow they seem to be smaller. From now on should I just buy the same brand as the white ones, will the ones by that brand be the same as the glow ones?

1 Like

Try these AKA/Tenacity Ultra Hard Gel Balls - XForce Tactical USA (xforcetacusa.com) if you are USA.

1 Like

Better yet, a small amount on the barrel. No chance of it squeezing places it shouldnt!

Different balls do behave differently, but in that p90, as long as they are roughly the correct size, they should fire most anything fine. If you have calipers, looking for 7.2-7.4mm gell balls when grown should all be fine without shredding. Harder/higher quality gels will certinally make life easier though.