Poor feeding in semi auto

Hi , I’ve poor feeding in semi auto , ok in auto, have grown , U/ELITES, and tac booms for 3 hrs , Iam now growing for 3 1/2 hrs to see if it’ll pick up better with a slightly larger gel, barrel size 7.5 mm s/s , [falkor recce]. Cheers.

1 Like

Hey bud!

Two questions about things going wrong here.

1. When you pull the trigger a bunch, is it still loading fresh gels up the magazine? (Do they all fall out after you eject the mag?)

2. Have you checked if it’s an air seal issue or not, yet? Eject the mag and clear the barrel, then put a finger on the T-piece, and feel if any air is coming out the muzzle.

1 Like

Hi good air seal , 300 fps , , ultra elites, tac. Boom . Also tried white pearls , I cleaned around nozzel and tappet area, I check where the gels feed , the nozzel can be seen ,only the tip can be seen , just on the Edge, the recce is a fickle barstard , that was a gel grow 3 hrs , so Iam trying 3, 1/2 and see what happens.

1 Like

Have you changed anything on the blaster or are you trying new gels??

1 Like

Had been sitting for a while , had grown tac booms 4 hr grow , had no problems with them before it didn’t like them this time so I was trying different grow times , had heard or read that their was some dodgy gels out their , Iam just now growing, ultras , and tac booms , 3 1/2 hrs and see, if any improvement, I have cleaned and checked magazines.

2 Likes

If it helps any I grow my gels for 2 1/4 to 2 1/2 hours. Ultra elites are very irregular with sizing and feed badly at the best of times. I ceased using them a long time ago.
Just use Black Labels and Lion Ace. I also use Armor Tech milkies for fields that don’t allow hardened gels.
If this doesn’t work then you may have an underlying issue. If you have changed nothing else and it has previously fed well and mags are working fine then my first suggestion would be check tappet return spring is not knackered.

2 Likes

Hi , I did have a 2 hr grow and and worked ok , will look at tappet spring as well. Cheers

2 Likes

Just a heads up , tac booms , 3hr and 15 minutes, no feed problems, , ultras , no!! blocked barrel, wouldn’t feed . Thank you for your advice.:wink:

3 Likes

No probs.
A lot of gel feeding issues come purely from ultra hard gels that are too big for the inner barrel.
As I said I do 2.25 - 2.5 hrs. I also grade my gels. This makes an incredible difference to accuracy and reliability.

2 Likes

I’ve just grown a pack of AKAs overnight. Graded them with around 5% greater than 7.3mm. Always grade the gels with a 7.35mm sieve and the only blockages is when they haven’t been graded. Gels for GBB are a timed grow - 2.5h Elites.

2 Likes

Cool , thanks for the tip.

1 Like