Question regarding changing new gearbox

As some may recall about my thread regarding the ldt 2.5 gearbox with no fast spring change support (such a pain).
So now i want to change that gearbox with the new GSL SR 16 gearbox. My question are will the GSL fit with my LDT 416 body, and do I have to change the LDT T-piece into Jingji T-piece (the brand of the gearbox)?
Thank you for your answers.

1 Like

The gearbox

1 Like

I’m pretty sure @AKgelblaster should be able to help you out with some solid advice on this question :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks @DocBob for mention and adding @MasadaGbTech to the discussion.

The t-piece to use also depends on the receiver. So I think the LDT t-piece should fit better. However, we need to see whether the LDT HK416 t-piece match with the JJ nozzle well or not. Otherwise, it will result in air leakage.

3 Likes

Thank you for replying, I was using this nozzle with the ldt 2.5 gearbox

Will this nozzle be compatible with the gearbox?
Also I notice the Ldt geabox has these notches to hold the T-piece into place, so if I switch to the GSL one, will there be any problem for the gearbox to hold te T-piece.

1 Like

Also do you guys know which gearbox is this and will it fit into the ldt 416 body?
Thank you

One question at a time.

The LDT so you want to upgrade to what the Warinterest black one you posted above which is feeble and we do not recommend.

The LDT 2.5 split, is split to give you quick spring change support. Why it does not have rear spring change access.

For nozzle/t piece compatibility. Above my paygrade.

Or do you want the blow back function as posted in your first pic. Which is not recommended for AEG’s unless you are willing to maintain it a lot. Or disable it.

1 Like

Blowback sux arse! :joy:

2 Likes

I think we are misunderstanding each other.

• I don’t need and certainly don’t want blow back function. Since I know it has its disadvantages.
  • The gearbox i’m currently using is the ldt 2.5 gearbox, it doesn’t have split gearbox function, and it for sure doesn’t have quick spring change support, which I need desperately.
  • I only want help shedding light on the GSL Sr16 compatibility with my Hk416 Ldt body and the T-piece, as well as the black gearbox I posted above.
    Thank you for your reply
2 Likes

Thus is why I requested you to be clearer.

Never had a GSL in my hands so good luck.

1 Like

I have no idea either about any of these new products, simply because my knowledge is frozen in time as to whatever products I had previously worked on up until the WA Gelblaster bans……… meaning I really have no idea or experience with anything that has been made since, and can only speculate and offer advice I learned from all the old school stuff :frowning:

1 Like

By the looks of the nozzle and tpiece that is jingji. Imo the best gel nozzle tpiece system.
Should be able to swap out the ldt gearbox and tpiece pretty easily, though there may be some fiddling to fit in the receiver, as every company has different standards.

2 Likes

Any issues with airseal at the t piece can always be addressed by spacing the rubber nozzle or building up the t piece by using small o rings anyway.

Like most things blaster related, sometimes you have to bite the bullet and apply trial and error. These things aren’t very precise and quantifiable on paper or in theory, what should work doesn’t always, and what shouldn’t often does. Hopefully it does works, if not you move onto plan B and put the parts into your spare parts drawer for another project.

Pretty much how we all ended up with an extensive collection of bits and pieces. :wink:

4 Likes

Pretty hard to be constantly building/modifying these things without a big stack of boxes full of all sorts of different parts on hand to mix and match them up with good old trial and error testing to get the best results :roll_eyes:

Every build ends up being a crossbreed of all sorts of different brands of bits and pieces put together or modified to fit somewhere they normally shouldn’t :flushed::joy:

3 Likes

Best definition of a custom modified gel blaster yet, by a country mile. :clap: :+1:

1 Like

Welp, I guess I have to try them out to know then. Thank you all for sharing your knowledge with me.

3 Likes

I got you. Your LDT HK416 v2.5 is the full blaster which is the earlier version before the v3, been a few years ago.

As the jj gsl gearbox and the LDT gearbox mainly different in the t-piece /nozzle and the nylon part near the mag contact, which is only around 1 mm

The compatibility is high. The Gsl and LDT gearbox are quite similar to each other.

2 Likes

I can check for you because i own a gsl gearbox and a ldt hk… At one time i was going to add the gsl gearbox to a honey badger but found out the back receiver pin does not fit the gsl gearbox… i will check tomorrow morning and see if my Ldt Hk receiver pin will fit a gsl gearbox and what ever else i find out!

2 Likes

Thank you, sir. It would be extremely helpful

I’m sorry for bothering.you, but did you try them and did they fit together?
Thank you

1 Like