Random AEG questions

I’d say that’s a pretty good reason to buy a new levi :rofl::+1:

The funniest thing is that about 30 minutes after that post i went and bought a levi and after 6 hrs of getting that shit apart and together and troubleshooting it now works :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

im just wondering as i recently brought a jingming gen 9 m4a1. i brought a handguard and a few packs of the hardened gels, questions are:

1. are hopups universal or do i need to buy a certain hopup
  2. are barrel attactents/scopes and sights universal
  3. manual pistol blasters any good performance wise
  4. can i just shove a 11.1v battery in or does it need to be a specific one, if so how do i know?
    i probably update it later if i got any more questions since im new to gel blaster

this is the one i brought: JM M4A1 Gen 9 J9 w/ Nylon Gearbox Gel Blaster [CLEARANCE] - Renegade Blasters

Moved your posts in here for the sake of keeping things clean.

1. There are 3 types, basically. Inner-barrel hopups collar around the inner barrel, and fits under the outer barrel, giving it a flush appearance. These require the inner and outer barrels be the same length. Threaded hopups work on any 14mm CCW thread, such as the Gen 9, and replaces the default muzzle device. Rizer hopups clamp onto the inner barrel, and require the inner barrel jut out an extra 2cm or so.
  2. Barrel attachments require a 14mm CCW thread, and are usually mutually exclusive with hopups as a result.
  3. Manual blasters are pieces of shit. All of them. Just grab a double bell G22 from iHobby.
  4. You ideally should wait until you have metal gears sitting in your spare box at least before moving to 11v. It puts extra shock stress on your gears, and may strip them or the piston ladder. Any 11v battery will work, as long as it a, fits, and b, has the right connection (Tamiya, Deans, JST, etc).
1 Like

$240 for an old nylon Gen9 :flushed:
Coulda got a new DB M4 or a full metal GBX for that sort of money !

Attachments are available in a variety of mounting styles.
Top rails on the receiver and most handguards are Picatinny style, but some aftermarket handguards can also be either M-LOK or KeyMod types.

Always do your own research on your blaster and what parts are compatible before ordering anything online.

Have fun with it mate, still heaps of upgrade parts and accessories available for the Gen9, so will give you plenty of fun time customising it to how you want it :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

i got it half price from renegade so with everything included with postage it was 185

That’s a good deal mate, much more realistic price :+1:

1 Like

Big mark up, but at least your pew pewing… :wink:

Maybe next time check around a bit more, see what else is around in the same price range. :+1:

2 Likes

Could somebody make a list on the differences between the jinming gen8-latest?

Not sure what you mean by latest, I’ve seen Gen 8.5 M4A1s being advertised but…

The first Gen 8s were full ABS plastic, twist on bayonet style handguard and buffer tube, the receiver was split vertically and held together by visible screws on the right hand side. Buffer tubes were prone to breaking handguard wobble was a thing so not overly strong. Gearbox was initially clear acrylic but changed to nylon later on. Motor cage was bolt on which made it independent of the receiver or grip. Gears were nylon, there was no fire select, full auto only. But decent performance and very good modibility, hugely popular.

The new Gen 8s from what I can see are identical to the old ones with the exception of a nylon receiver. I thought they had gone to full nylon, and happy to be corrected if I’m wrong but the Gen 8.5 lists nylon and ABS construction. Assembly is the same, twist on twist off, and I believe no fire select. Performance may be better but probably around 240-250FPS like the earlier version.

Gen 8 gearboxes are still solid, I’ve used them in custom builds where a grip fitted motor isn’t viable. JM improved with the Gen 9, full nylon, horizontally split receiver, screw on buffer tube, semi auto option, V2 style gearbox (different shape however, not compatible with standard V2 boxes). More like the contemporary V2 kitted M4s, but still proprietry.

There are better options in the price range, worth keeping in mind. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

like gen 9s, 10s etc

For what it’s worth, CYMA are a better option for a budget M4… the CQB full nylon sells for about $145 and imo better than a Gen 9.

1 Like

@Allenz91 I will give you a brief overview of what I know from gen8 to now… (it aint that brief!)

GEN8: Originally ABS, with a polycarbonate gearbox and nylon gears. In it’s day was quite the game changer. Then the gen8.5 as it has come to be know… a nylon gen8 with a nylone gearbox. Was a great step forward. Fantastic gearbox, auto only, but very reliable, and easy enough to do up. The singularity is even stronger and better, with 8mm bushings. I still use my gen8 UMP and 249 regulary. The 249 is on its second motor. and the UMP has seen so many games it is on it’s 3rd motor, bevel and pinions are still in good condition, testament to the stability of the crucial gear tolerances provided by the gen8 gearbox.

GEN9:,v2 “style” gearbox. decent split receiver, takes all the same upgrades as the gen8 but not as well. Do the airseal things, alloy barrel, and run 11v with an m90, and you have a decent rof and 300fps, and you will get sick of it before it breaks. Has a few challenges to go further, tbh if you want to go further the MK h92 cnc box is awesome, but cost spirals.

J10 acr: same as gen9 inside, but in a nice sturdier body. same upgrade applies, though the one piece grip and lower receiver makes it a bit more challenging to build. Needs outer barrel stabiliser. Okay blaster.

J10 acr/r: same again, but with AK banana style 7.62 style mags. The blaster and mags are cross compatible with J11 and J12 AKs. Also worth noting, was released around the time of the J12.

J11 AK47: a bit flimsy by the standards set by the J10, was a flop in the market due to this, and that it was a bit poorly designed “tactical” AK. Good gearbox, almost standard v3, with the exception of mounting points and a 460 motor.

J12 AK74U: One of my favourite JM blasters. A traditional style AK shorty, or Krink. Almost the same gearbox as the J11, with a bit more material in vital areas around the gears allowing for more upgrade potential and gear stability. Still a 460 motor though. Earlier models had mag terminal springs that often got bent by neglectful magazine loading, later models have a spring steel plates for it and almost eliminates the issue.

J13 416 CQB: a short HK416, nylon, gen8 gearbox based blaster. Unfortunately, I have never had one on my bench, they were not very popular, basically a nice gen8 in HK form, I would like one to mess with but the oppurtunity just never came up.

J14: kinda doesn’t exist, I think the ACR/R was destined for this designation, but got the J10R instead. Probably due to it being almost the same with a different mag.

J15: G36c. Another one I would try or be glad to work on, but never seen one. I have seen a video that confirms it is a 480 motor version of the J12 gearbox, same JM parts throughout. Actually looks like a solid blaster, and I would love to own one if I can get it with a few spare mags :slight_smile:

J16: HK416D. The one we deserved instead of the J13, except it is gen9 gearbox. Seems to be more hitting the USA market than here.

J17: Galil Ace. Guessing it is another of their v3 style boxes. Can’t find stuff all about it.

If a JM G36C or especially J17 is available in Australia, Love me some Galils! but so far can’t find them here. I do know that some of the major importers are not likely to get them due to potential importation issues. Mainly that… some may remember China stopping export of blasters from manufacturers that did not have an airsoft production licence, and JinMing was among them.
Not sure if they have one now given to sudden prevalence in USA markets of JM, or if it is just Aussie retailers just aren’t touching as they have been burnt once by them, who knows.
Fun fact: Most early blasters (think abs to nylon era stuff) were illegally produced in China without licence and just, made it here somehow. Neat!
Either way would have a J16 and J17 happily if the opportunity arises.

2 Likes

I remember when the J11 AKs were introduced… so NOT like a traditional AK with the tac handguard, buffer tube and M4 styled buttstock (or so I thought)… functional issues and build quality aside, I couldn’t like the aesthetics. Why would ya, I asked myself? :laughing:

Fast forward a few months and there’s Novritch doing an online review of the new tactical AKs the Russian army were adopting as standard issue over the old AKM-74s…

Build issues aside, I now want one of those J11s on the wall… :joy:

1 Like

What is this cheapie blaster? Haven’t seen this version of AK before. Wonder if the SKU isn’t a cryptic warning SKU ONE-SHT-AKCS

I have no idea what that is… or who the sellers are

But anyone who knows me from the old forum knows I have a soft spot for the shitters :laughing: so don’t be suprised if you get a first hand review sometime soon :joy: :joy:

Wonder if it has the same woeful mag contact setup that was inflicted on the unsuspecting buyer of the J11? :thinking:

1 Like

Oh the ak v2… they are abs, flimsy and didn’t last well. A mate has one that works and just hangs it on the wall. Looks off and not true ak, but it was a product of the time when gen8 was about to be king.

The stock on the original j11 was just the gen9 stock. Must have had some spare in the factory :rofl:

Interesting fun fact. Especially since it was widely known that gel blasters were not allowed for use via the communist CCP but the commies allowed production and export to countries that was legal to do so. They were just tapping and supplying a demand like they have done with many things.

1 Like