Recent purchases

Alright now…

In the old forum, someone thought i was a bad guy, for doubling my prices, on a personal import, of the HCG , movie accurate, “Aliens smart - gun” …

I just saw this ad on ebay…

this dude is trying to triple his money+, on a crappy nerf version, of the pulse rifle…

$200 to $700…in like two months

it really is, not me…

In victoria…nerf…must be @Deadsquid …probs trying to sell to me…!!

Someone might ask, " whats the difference, between you, and him ? "

I would reply…

1. the nerf was readily available here, the smart gun was a personal import, not available locally.

2. no B709 import risk, on a nerf, you need one for a smartgun.

3. I had to pay for shipping / insurance, and run the risk of it being damaged enroute, or not turning up. Any problems, were mine.
    No such risk, on a preorder, thru EB games…

2 Likes

Actually did grab this from TT the night I posted it - seems like they already jacked the price up twice to 195 now (wtf!?) since I bought it for 150.
Can’t test it at the moment and might wait for the LDT MP5 to arrive before I do any chronoing. First blush it’s solid, but there is a difference in quality of nylon - LDT blaster vs a Cyma blaster, the latter is good but the former is real good.
IMG_20221026_171707

3 Likes

Yeah defo gonna have to wait until the weekend to do some further testing - but the fact it did shoot out some stuff from 8month-2year old assorted gels is actually an impressive feat by itself.

1 Like

It’s actually quite detailed and looks like a pretty decent replica of the originals :sunglasses:
Will be interesting to see how the LDT version compares to this one :thinking:

2 Likes

What’s up with that stocks guide rod?

At work so I can’t show you the actual thing - here’s a pick from the site of it with it extended.
Screenshot 2022-10-27 091144

Is it plastic or metal? If plastic, that explains it being so thick.

Almost certain its plastic (I mean very few metal bits at all for this price) - I’ll confirm later.

1 Like

Huh I’m surprised - those stock guide rods/flaps are metal.

The WAT stuff got here as well - pics soon.

1 Like

IMG_20221027_170755
IMG_20221027_170817
IMG_20221027_170840
IMG_20221027_170859

Initial physical and feel impressions:
The 2011 Combat Master inner barrel is looser than the previous versions, stippling and grip is the crappier plastic version. Slides and trigger is similar but the mag release is crisper.

Sig’s slide feels roughish to the touch (looks like a light sanded metal finish if that’s a thing). They did cut off a bit of the mag lip to one side - maybe to have it lock back on empty, but there will be longevity issues for the heavy users. The whole blaster is a bit clickaty clackaty like the Golden Eagles.

MP5 is just beautiful and heavy, I already talked about how the it’d compare between LDT and CYMA and now it’s doubly so with it Infront of me. The CYMA is no slouch as it is quite detailed and of a good quality, but with comparison against the LDT…
Considering the price I got it for the CYMA is actually very much value for money at half that of the LDT, but might be less so now considering the price has gone up for the CYMA - might actually be moot anyway since the one I got from WAT finally sold out now.

6 Likes

Out of curiosity, are the MP5 magazine brands interchangable? Or are they proprietary?

Nah not compatible at all looks like.
IMG_20221027_175925

3 Likes

That mag lip on the P320 is disappointing. I would like to know what is up there.

Further observations of the TTI 2011:
It does say its an EMG, TTI and STI licensed and comes with the authenticity card (Azrael’s one only had EMG and TTI , and I’m still convinced that the Azrael one is closest to the MST one).
Mag compatibility - works with the DB version and vice versa, won’t work with the Azrael’s one.
The AW slide one is more greyish than black, stippling wasn’t actually the worse as I looked at my DB one and the revulsion came roaring back.
The box is quite nice for a cardboard box - got all the EMG and TTI trades on it.
Aesthetics wise Azrael > AW > DB.
I now have 3 TTI 2011 and I’m happy about it.
I wonder how different the real steel 880 version of it is?

2 Likes

That mag lip is really disappointing. QC should be much higher by now. It’s stupid how easy it would be for manufacturers to throw in spares like the JG Hi-Capas did, yet they don’t. Hope all goes well in getting a replacement set. Would love to hear the reliabolity and FPS

I found something bad on both mp5s - trigger guard chafes my middle finger and now I got a blister :rofl:

1 Like

Ok…

Not gonna Lie…
I weakened, and got a (Compensating) M 1911…

Something else, also turned up, the same day, I won an ebay auction…!..

Special points, for those of you, who recognise it…!!

DKR

3 Likes

2 Likes

Please don’t judge me :rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t know what they are like internals wise but I will tear it down as soon as it arrives anyway :thinking:
Hopefully I can do something stupid with it🤣

4 Likes