Recent purchases

Have you gone into the levi settings and set the external output to motor?

what are your gears/springs and has the gearbox been shimmed?

1 Like

the hell why isnt that default ill give that a go tomorrow and see the effects. but i did spend hours shimming the box as perfect as i could so that the gears were smooth but not loose.

its the gel ball specific version with the terminals hooked up and the battery is a 11v that fits in the buffer tube (probably 1200mah). dont have it with me at the moment. but its weird that the upgraded motor gets so hot with a stock spring.

1 Like

Could be the battery…… but sounds like something else isn’t right if you are getting issues with a stock standard spring :thinking:

What gears, and spring are you using? What rps is it doing?

Also, try turning active brake as low as possible, or off. Active braking heats motors much more significantly and punishes your motors brushes and commutator.

Generally, if you have a setup that doesn’t double tap on semi, you don’t need much, or any active brake.
If you have precocking up high enough that you need active brake to prevent double tapping, the amp draw required when firing will be greater, also leading to more heating, and if up high enough that you need alot of active brake, the heat up effect will be more significant.

1 Like

I know ze personally, stock hk416 spring no clue what it would be rated at, 16:1 shs gears, and a 1000mah 11.1v battery doing around the high 20’s for rps is the setup right now, at one point the ab was at 100% but told him to turn that down pretty quick. from memory, it’s at about 20% (?) any lower than that and starts overspinning if you are too fast on the trigger.

oh and no precocking either

1 Like

Swapping the motor out and eliminating it as the potential issue wouldn’t hurt either. I’ve had a vector give me no end of troubles that ended up being a defective motor.

My new 35mm SLR Camera Grenade Launcher

3 Likes

It’s funny, the folks in the gun Discord I hang out in have been talking about cameras lately. I think they’re gonna love yours.

you can walk around with this and no one know it is a grenade launcher. I bought it from Japan and no problem in coming to Australia but I don’t know will it be the same after this post

Seems like it would be a riot for a weird build in a milsim game. Dress up as a war reporter, and ask the enemy to gather up for a well composed “shot” :rofl:

yes, smile then “boom”

How much did it set you back?:thinking:

1 Like

New butt stock for the EBR😎

2 Likes

For the Camera Grenade Launcher, cost me US$130 not including freight charges and it don’t come with a grenade. But it is useless to have a airsoft grenade. It is so cool, it worth the money .

1 Like

Picked up a little scorpion, because i like the cool and unusual stuff…

expectations weren’t high at this price point, but it is reasonable for what you get.

Solid nylon build, the stock retracts and extends well, and locks solidly into either position, with no wobble. Metal barrel, and no battery included. Battery fits into the pistol grip, and space is tight.

Performance is as expected, around 170-180 fps using older gels. ROF around the 700 rpm mark.

The stick mag is tiny, only a few seconds until empty. The drum obviously lasts longer.

The low fps makes for low spread, so accuracy is quite consistent.

I was a bit taken back by how small it is, comparo shot with a glock 19, i thought it would have been larger…

At times, it feels a little uncomfortable in the hand, due to the design of the pistol grip having a raised ridge.

All in all though, something different, with performance you’d expect at this price point… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…Those look like LDT MP5 magazines. Don’t suppose you have one lying around to try?

1 Like

No, they are waaaay smaller…the stick mag is literally the length of a closed fist…
I’ll try one 2morrow, when im back home, to se if it fits…

1 Like

Another piece the collector in me wants, and nice to see your thoughts on it.

1 Like

Had a look at the mags, they are indeed the same depth / width as the mp5 s……but wired differently.

Ie feed tube is on the rear of the scorpion, feed tube at the front of the mp5 s….different positioning of terminals as well, arranged longtitudely on the scorpion, horizontally on the mp5 s…. Can’t have cross compatibility now, can we….

2 Likes