Recent purchases

I know this isn’t gel blasters, but here’s where my moneys been going while I wait for my license. Managed to build a whole collection to make the game playable from Gen 1 to Gen 7.

Gen 1 and 2 I decided to play the remakes instead of the originals. Personally I did grow up on them, but they have a fatal flaw. Once the battery inside the cartridge runs out, the save gets erased. I’d like this to be something of a “forever collection”, which makes those games less appealing. FireRed and SoulSilver are both suuuuuper faithful remakes, too. So I don’t feel like I’m cheating myself. You also can’t trade pokemon to later generations, whereas starting at FireRed, I can move my pokemon allllll the way up to the latest game, and battle with them.

The rarest pieces I have are the gameboy advanced games (they go for 120-250 depending on condition and version), a Pokewalker accessory for SoulSilver (a little step counter with IR, so you can take the pokemon for a walk. Sort of the caveman version of Pokemon GO), and Pokemon Platinum (which has an expanded story compared to Diamond and Pearl. For some reason, unlike every other remake, Diamond and Pearl’s remakes didn’t have the story improvements, so Platinum became really sought after).

I also hacked my GF and my 3DSs, which are tucked away in that grey case on the left, and on top of the DS games there on the right. My next expansion is going to be modding the shit out of my Gameboy Advanced. CNC case and buttons, IPS screen and expanded battery. Surprisingly not that expensive, it’s cheaper than a single one of the GBA Pokemon games.

“But Jazz, you could just pirate those games on your hacked DS!” For literally any other DS or GBA game, I’d agree. But for pirated Pokemon, you can’t trade between the old games and you can’t import them into newer games.

Was it worth the 1.5k I spent? …honestly maybe, pokemon games go up in value. Also I have months of fun ahead of me. So. Yeah probably worth it.

I have no fkn idea about anything that you just said! :joy::joy::joy:

All I know is that I spent 20c playing a game of 1942 on a space invader table once back in 1982!

Tl;Dr pokemon games shiny (and weirdly expensive) :laughing:

My 18 year old daughter has the latest Switch, and she has tried to explain it to me, but is still over my head :roll_eyes:

She’s never contactable by phone and isn’t online anywhere in the modern electronic media world…… she only uses it to download and record her music industry stuff, or listen to music when flying interstate to keep her company :hugs:

I know nothing about gaming, computers or consoles etc…… and I don’t have my kids or social circle/mates involved in any of this stuff either…… so definitely makes it extremely hard to understand any of this modern electrickery!

2 Likes

Another for the gearbox drawer :rofl:

1 Like

Is that the AliExpress special ldx clone?

1 Like

Indeed it is :sweat_smile:
For $80 delivered they are pretty good in my opinion.
Only downfall is the bearings.
Still running one in my Cyma DMR, have now replaced with bushes.

1 Like

Tight little gearbox, that one :thinking:

The quasar gearbox :+1:
Got metal gears here for it😎

2 Likes

Be interesting to see what you squeeze out of it :+1: go ham

1 Like

Was it the metal Mac10 gears that fitted it, think it was the Mac10🤔

Yeah, apparently :sweat_smile:
Haven’t tried them yet🤔

Couple more things😅

Love the Zentico grip style, much comfy👍

2 Likes

Noticed they stole the logo from the game dev :smiley:

WELL I HAVE FINALLY GONE MAD ACCORDING TO THE WIFE.
BOUGHT THIS MOBILITY SCOOTER.
SO I CAN DO AN ENGINE SWAP
WONT BE USING A Z900 MOTOR
I HAVE A Z650 MOTOR FOR THE PROJECT.
A MATE HAS ALREADY DONE A HONDA 750 SWAP SO HE IS GOING TO HELP ME.
THE WIFE RECONS THE THE OLDER I GET THE MORE STUPID STUFF I BUILT TO KILL MY SELF

1 Like

Things have arrived :grin:

3 Likes

You sure now? :wink:

I DO have a spare '76 Z9 motor under the house :joy:

1 Like

Ok how many gel blasters do you want for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I was going to put a cbr250 motor the ones that rev to 19 thousand rpm just for the noise.
But I actually want it to start drag racing
Mate told me there is a category for them.
What I really wanted to do was the smart car/Hayabusa motor swap
But it was way more expensive and not as easy to do.
I know some one who has a Z1R 1978 frame and bodywork who might be willing to sell .
Your motor would look nice in it with a 1075 Yoshi kit
Fuel injection and nitrous

1 Like

Ah man… you wouldn’t be too excited if you saw it… :joy:

It came free with my '76 Z900 from Coffs Harbour, the old boy who owned it pulled it down and reassembled with a 1/2" gap between everything… crankcase, barrels, head, even the cam covers. Moisture got into every bit of it…

Still, the cases are worth something if I could be bothered vapour blasting them… :laughing:

1 Like