Recent purchases

That is very cool, wow like the lens, are they polarized or something?

Original glass lenses the anti fog insert that is placed on the inside of the mask lenses is some type of plastic and goes orange over time which is what you can see

1 Like

I’ve got the same one still in original packaging. I’d have to dig around some boxes to find it though. Haven’t fully unpacked after moving eight years ago😂

1 Like

By original packing I’m guessing you mean the cannister that holds the gm38

1 Like

3 Likes

If you post some photos I might be able to help you with certain info so you know more about your mask

1 Like

I must be mistaken then. I mean original cardboard packing. Now you’re gonna send me on some goose chase in the attic😅

You sure your not thinking of the ww2 German volksmaskes (folk/civilian gas mask) they have an extremely different appearance but they where issued in a cardboard box originally

1 Like

Nah not one of them. It was more a grey colour with almost clear lenses. Obviously gone orange with dust and all, but i can’t find anything up there. It’s all earthwork, cobwebs and boxes of stuff I forgot I had

1 Like

NICE COLLECTION BET YOU GET LOTS OF COMMENTS IN YOU NIGHT JOB

FB_IMG_1697017639793

2 Likes

Do you remember it looking more like the gm38 I have above or the volksmaske I posted which may or may not be in the mail going to my house

1 Like

What can I say the ladies like to mix it up a little

2 Likes

We sure do

2 Likes

Pretty sure it’s a DM-40. I was vey mistaken. Quick google search jogged my memory. Still no luck in finding it.

1 Like

That looks like, a nose condom…
For the ancient Greeks…!! :rofl:

Ah the volksgasmaske 40 a good way of showing the failure of ww2 German logistics. Did you have the black or green rubber model ?

2 Likes

Aha I can relate, it’s a Volkswagen! they always crack blocks and fall apart. Especially the way I drive :laughing: nearly rolled one once, so close, then nearly put it down a 40ft concrete causeway, about 0.7M from sliding in to it :laughing: Lucky there was a truck servo a k away got a Kenworth prime mover to pull me out :+1: Hellova chick magnet though, god damn.

Looks exactly the same from what I recall.

That one is pretty cool :+1:
Very cyberpunk’ ish😎