Recent purchases

E&C range online at WAT - glocks have a hundred off.

2 Likes

Oh no - the 1911 only arrived yesterday. Dilemmas - first decent tan G to replace my Wells

Too late - and it’s a very nicer one

Whatever you’ve done Wombat, we need pics and all the run down. Not much of that lately…

Small world, i end up running around in SDSR a fair bit for work. They’ve got a 110 year old train turntable in there which is always good fun to use

E&C Glock 19X - comes with two backstraps. Reasonably accurate at 12m - 8 out of 10 on A4 target with month old elites. It is a Gen 5 with ambi-slide release

G19X is shorter than Gen 4 G17 (G17 has backstrap to prevent slide bite). Probably should have wiped it down

Golden Eagle 1911 (3505) with wooden grips

Comparison of 1911 to AA hicappa and WE 4.3

Looks like the 1911 will have to go back. Fails to fully cock the hammer when the slide is cycled - intermittent but regular - and safety doesn’t engage correctly

4 Likes

OOo thanks :+1: Ask and ye shall receive :saluting_face:

That 1911 just don’t look right to my eyes… cheers

Comparison to M1a1 - 1967 - deac converted to cap firing shell ejection
RIA is in the safe
Previous pic of GE 1911 had wooden grips fitted

1 Like

hmm 1911A1’s I’ve handled have that nice blued hue to the metal parts not flat black like the pics.

Grips dunno have to look up my old pic archive :+1:

Grips on blaster from earlier pic are just from ihobby

Grips on the deac are from another old Japanese replica circa 1975. Couldn’t use the original grips and call it a replica. Finish was always crappy and not sure if they got refinished when they were converted to cap firing for the movie prop. It is too shiny

Finish on the marine issue one I had in my office was greyer, had a light sheen but wasn’t blued. Sort of like the GBB with a satin sheen - but it’s been a while

The RIA 9mm 1911 finish is like the blaster and grips are light coloured wood, nor checkered

1 Like

Expect a follow up post and a yt link in the next 3 or so weeks

Cool, how is that RIA 9mm anyway bet she’s a beauty.

I think with the 1911 as it’s such a prolific platform there are many different finishes as there are many manufacturers.

TWO NEW SIGNS FOR THE FARM

1 Like

Here is what I done to my WE 1911’s. They are all real wood grips.

7 Likes

Gorgeous!!!

Bonuschars

Thanks! The grips are all from Turkey. Around AUD$70 each including freight charges. Check them out on ebay

1 Like

Looks like they are coming out of Thailand now since banks started restricting card sales from Turkey. Quality doesn’t look as good as the ones you have

1 Like

Oh great, Thailand is supposed to be the upcoming manufacturer for the world, a lot of big companies shifting from China to Thailand. My 12 year old Ford was made in Thailand :roll_eyes: it’s ok so far as long as I don’t treat it like my FJ45 Yota.

1 Like

It should be AUD$70 a pair (not each) from that Salvatore store

This arrived today not going to go into the history behind this mask or anything because I plan on doing a video on it that I’ll link in a response to this post once it’s fully edited

3 Likes