Recent purchases

All these three models, have " backwards / forwards, sliding focusing action", of the head unit

From tight circle, to wide, diffuse beam…

I call it…“pump action…”.

I got a newer model p7r , for mum…
Its now, a twisting , rotating action, on the head unit, to change the focus…
and, a button on the front, to turn it on/off

Not a fan…

1 Like

Okay, that MT18’s output looks pretty sweet. What battery does it run off? Looks like a beefy boy.

If you want to talk about lights that would knock a plane out of the sky though, check out the TK30.

1.2km range, 360 thousand candella, all from a 21700 battery.

The mt-18, has a led lenser proprietry battery…

i pulled the back off, and it seems to be 3 lipo batteries, linked together…
I honestly haven’t used it that much, so recharging cycle wise…its quite low…

Its a camping boon, but way overpowered, for suburban use…
Unless , you want to cause daisies, to bloom, at midnight…!! :rofl:

This is what the weird ring on the back of my edc torch is for by the way. You can get a 95% hold on a pistol with it in your hand.

You can also use the tab at the top with your thumb, to push the tail switch into your finger, for momentary on.

Or for someone lIke me, it lets me carry shopping, while still having my torch face forwards while it hangs off my finger.

Also makes a good fidget toy :laughing:

3 Likes

STERLING MY BELOVED

Feck off word limit

1 Like

I waaant iiiiit

gimee gimme gimme

i love my LED Lenser - got it years ago so it uses AAA and has the slide fwd/back focus. I think its a P7T? - its stashed in my bush bag under the stairs so no check :slight_smile:

has the flicker mode for blinding perps … cool but useless to me

1 Like

Yeah, the new ones now have flash mode, SOS, and varying intensity.
They are expensive, but worth every cent.
Never had one failure, ever…

They have a long warranty, too…

1 Like

Yeah i got led lensar p6r or p7r can’t remeber a few months back was inspecting a structure in a dark area. The people i did the inspection where very impressed, the project manager was so impressed he let me claim it againts the job as he was going to get one as well. :grin:

2 Likes

my only gripe, at least with the older style push/pull focus is they dont like the beach! Took it to Straddy once and it still feels scratcy when focusing due to sand.

Prob should google how to strip it down. :thinking:

2 Likes

i want this flashlight so bad

90 bucks

And then 15 for the Ali Express version of a Switchback

Make sure you’ve got some O-Rings lying around too, the ones that fit around AEG pistons are perfect.

1 Like

Might be time for an upgrade to replace my very old BR10, same 18650 standard battery I use in multiple devices is handy.

Anything else you’d recommend that takes 18650’s and size doesn’t matter?

If you want the same performance out of a slightly larger (and as a result, better cooled) body, there’s the Fenix TK16. You’ll get slightly better throw, and a brighter hot spot from it too. Build quality feels a bit better as well. You can see the size difference in my photo a few posts up, and honestly I got my TK16 for use on my mates farm when I go hunting, so it would probably be a great fit for you.

1 Like

Sounds just what I’m looking for in a upgrade, thanks I’ll check it out. :+1:

No city lights out here gets very dark, which I love for seeing the heap of shooting stars and falling space junk at night. Or now Starlink satellites lol

2 Likes

Just checking out the Fenix TK16, looks like my jam Fenix TK16 V2 - 3100 Lumen Tactical LED Torch | Fenix Light Australia

3x the loomens I got now should be good lol Oh jesus just checking the specs 30k flat out cd vs my current 9k candella.

Yep put that on the shopping list. :+1:

Edit: Ordered lol nothing like a bit of midnight shopping :laughing:

1 Like

why aliexpress switchback? also damn these are expensive af

I kinda like the thrunite BSS V5 Desert tbh, but damn that’s a steep price, 100 $ ain’t shit anymore, any reason you like the TN12pro specifically

I dunno if I can justify this in my current mental state, but I want the heavy spinny larp light

They last for a long time though, I’ve had my BR10 for I dunno 10+ years. They are near indestructible. Battery be the first thing to go. I’ve dropped mine in a tub of tractor sump oil doing midnight oil changes, sand , sheep shit all sorts. Never skipped a beat.

2 Likes

I wanted an actual usable tier light for every purpose it was going to fulfill.

It’s over 1k lumens, so it’s capable of being blindy, and it has a lot of flood.
It’s 36K candella, which means it’s extremely good for self defence, the beam is focused, and it’s long range.
It’s less than 1 inch, so it goes inside a Large switchback, and I don’t have to upgrade to a Switchback DF
I can lock it out, so I don’t accidentally turn it on when it’s holstered
The tail switch gives me direct access to turbo mode
It’s lightweight enough that I can carry it everywhere in that leather holster thingy I posted above.
And it has a moonlight mode, so I can have really dim light if I need it at night, so as to not wake my gf or any guests if they’re sleeping.

And I use the AliX Switchback because I’m not going shooting with the thing, so it doesn’t need to be American made goodliness. Just needs to do the hanging-from-my-finger thing.

1 Like

The way they build them just seems to be getting better and better, too. I’m pretty sure most modern lights from good manufacturers like Fenix and LedLenser could handle being used as rifle lights, even.

I’m really glad we’ve got good small lipos these days. I remember how quickly the old AA rechargables would die. You’d get at best 5-10 charges out of them, thank god we’re getting at least 10-15 times that these days.

2 Likes