Recent purchases

For sure, that’s what I like about technology it’s always improving in all domains

Thanks for the light suggestion anyway, I know nothing about lights, I need to carry with me alot of basics why I carry one of these Platatac Echo Hydration Pack Mk II (Standalone Pack) everytime I walk out the back door but that’s due to neccessity in my book, all contained in one. Wallet, phone, Water, Keys, torch, lighter, and whatever else required for the day. Then all I need is a lunchbox with food and I’m good to go.

When you loose your keys wallet or phone in the country, it’s like trying to find a needle in a haystack. Forever gone. Main reason for containing everything securely in my man bag. Works well while I watch others can’t ring someone because they lost their phone somewhere around someones shearing shed. It does happen lol

Forgot to mention the batteries. Oh for sure, I cut my teeth on RC when 7.2V NiCad was the bomb LOL The Lithium ones are just very toxic because of the dodgy mining process is a problem.

1 Like

Fuck… I love it. Honestly the red lens sold me on it, shits so cool.

I want a tan one with a black loop, wish that part was metal cause tisms.

Good to know they are high quality at least

1 Like

I will say, that’s a straight downgrade from the TN 12 pro. I considered the BSS briefly, including that particular video. It’s basically a TN12 v4, the version before the pro.

Do it the other way around. Black light, tan loop. You’ll get a better light. Check out reviews for the tn12 pro. Multiple channels thought it was the best.

Plastic loop is better, cos when using an actual pistol it’s able to flex under stress. there’s a premade fracture that slips out (and can be fixed) instead of breaking.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm I get that plastic is generally very useful for stuff, but metal feels gooooddd tho

also rip it looks so cool tho, they have tan tn12 pro so I can still do the pretty setup

naww tan is out of stock on liteshop :pleading_face:

That is a niiiice bag. Looks like it has a lot of space for its size, too. Those tactical style ones always are like a TARDIS with how they manage their room inside.

I’m looking into getting a haversack from Aussie Disposals for my day bag. Luckily it doesn’t need to be as secure for me, if I drop my purse, a stranger might turn it in. I don’t need to rely on the kindness of a sheep to find it, thank God :laughing:

1 Like

Yea it’s well worth the money for me. It doesn’t come with a bladder but this Hydrapak Force Ultra-Durable Water Bladder/Reservoir for Hydration Backpacks, 2-Liter (66 oz.), Insulated Tube, Safe & Reliable, Grey (A522) : Amazon.com.au: Sports, Fitness & Outdoors

fits in perfectly with no mods in to the dedicated pocket. It’s tuff as nuts I’ve had a couple shearers step on it and a tism fella decide to jump on it one day :roll_eyes: doesen’t seem to matter if you place it out the way, but space is tight at times in sheds.

Been using for a few years now, was even good to stash my covid document in case I got pulled over by the “Community Police” vehicles that were patrolling this area when lockdowns were on. Surprising what you can fit in there and they are very durable unlike some name brand types that zippers blow out on and stitching.

Plus I can snap on the harness and back pack it, add molle anything to it. It suits me I haven’t bothered looking for anything better.

1 Like

I upgraded my older p7r to the newer p7r signature and also got a p18r signature. They are both excellent torches.

1 Like

I GOT GIVEN THIS As A PRESENT AWHILE AGO
THEY SELL THEM ON AMAZON BUT THEY ARE OVER PRICED AT $70

2 Likes

Back in my day this was the brightest torch we had😜

1 Like

I just realized I’m a huge dummy and conflated my two lights’ batteries. I am SOOOO sorry for my 1AM brain. The TK16 runs on 21700s, not 18650s.

It comes with a really good battery, so I hope I didn’t muck you over D:

I noticed that, but looked at the specs and thought meh it won’t matter due to the impressive numbers.

Did I see right and you just plug in the usb c to the side of the battery? Never seen that before but hey cool. So it charges itself I won’t need my chargers for 18650 :+1:

1 Like

You did indeed see correctly :smiley: It increases the reliability to do it that way, too. Plugging the charger into the light means there’s more solders/circuits that can break in there, so it makes it less reliable for shooting. Plus you are spot on that there’s no need to have black bricks lying around to charge them :laughing:

that’s so gross

this is the true bullet light
874115eac230bf0a465c1ec288950222
metro_2033_lighter___bullet_lighter_cal_50_bmg_by_moranadeath_dd5fdw3-fullview

1 Like

I’m hearin stuff about thw tn12 pro overheating, and the side button causin issues n whatever else.

And it doesnt come with cool spikey bits or the red lens so lowkey I kinda just want the bss v5 still, I saw it used inside and outside ar differenr power and different ranges and it looked great

still gotta figure out things like battery life and general quality of life, but its just so pretyyy

I mean, every light is going to overheat eventually on turbo, that’s the name of the game. The TN12 pro has a longer turbo mode than most other lights, if anything. It’ll go 7 minutes before stepping down, compared to most lights that will just barely clear the ANSI minimum to be certified (~90-150 seconds). The result is that it gets hot compared to other lights, like really really hot. Still safe for the torch, but it might burn to touch (which is another reason to use a Switchback).

(Edit: Also, turbo isn’t something you use very often. Most of my work is at low or medium, with high only being turned on when I’m trying to spot where in the river my fishing line is. Medium lights up even open road fairly well. I’ve only ever used turbo to ‘return fire’ on some scamps who were spotlighting me for a laugh, once.)

The TN12 Pro has crenelations too, you can still break glass with its bezel. I’ve been using mine for more than 2 weeks now, and I haven’t had any problems with the side button either. Side buttons are ideal for EDC lights, so you don’t have to carry them tactical-style when you’re just out on a walk (as long as you have direct access to turbo on the tail switch, which the TN12 has).

You can also just like…buy red caps for 1 inch flashlights, it’s about as big of a bonus as having a lanyard in the box. This one should fit.

Seriously, trust me. I agonized and did 2 weeks of research to pick the TN12 Pro. I wanted to prefer the Fenix PD32R, even, because I was a Fenix fangirl. But the TN12 Pro just…undeniably beat every other light on the market at that size and weight.

1 Like

Yeah I am just at the start of lookin into it, I was wondering if the it gets hot complaint was about using it on turbo. Lookin at them side by side, I like the bss v5’s warmer light but the tn12 mightblook better, no dumb logo, the bss bezel is too big, and I cant have red light and spikes which is very lame.

I assume if I can get a red lens I could also just get something to make the light warmer while keeping most of the benefits of the tn12. I was impressed by the bss in videos showing it in houses and outside, both by how well it lit things, but how nice it was to look at, and a big thing if you have played tarkov and seen how those flashlights work, I hate em and can’t see shit in that hotspot, I’m sure its not as bad in real but it’s still a worry, if a flashlight makes it harder for me to see then whata the point yknow.

just checked the link, and its only missing a yellow lens >< but the diffuser should solve my worries about rhe hotspot, and the red one is good for spooky nonsense, I thought it would need to be threaded to fit anything like that so cheers

If Liteshop comes back in stock I might just have to get then tn12 tan aye

1 Like

If it comes back in stock, you let me know immediately :laughing: I really wanted a tan one too!

1 Like

itd be so pretty with the black switchback I am eager, fits my outfit pretty well too ^^

1 Like

you fit the switch back on the TN12 pro yeah, cause it specifically says it won’t fit b ecause of course it does, no other size said it would fit, are they just wrong or did you need to do forbidden magix

also would you trust this?

If you get the Switchback clone that I linked, it will be a tight fit that you have to fight with some to get on (do NOT file it), but it will fit, and it will be a snug fit if you stack up the O-rings like this.

ThruNite is Chinese (Chinese stuff can be cheap, or good quality, but not both. TN is the good quality end of the spectrum) so I would trust an AliX shop that has good reviews. I’d give it like… 85% chance of being legit?

1 Like