SCAR H MK17 Magazines

This is kind of a shout out for help to any international retailers on the forum.

I have a Bing Feng SCAR H MK17 blaster, it’s had extensive rework to make it functional and overall it’s a bit of a favourite of mine.

Problem is I’ve only got the one magazine for it and spares here in Oz are like rocking horse shit. i.e. non existent. Some sellers have old stock of the SCAR H still for sale, but nobody has mags. I’ve looked into the LDT MK17 mags for it, but I’m told they’re not compatible with the Bing Feng version. How incompatible they are remains to be seen, if they physically fit in the magwell modding them to make them work should be pretty simple. At a glance ir looks like the mag terminal position is different to the BF mags.

My question for the retailers is :

Is the Bing Feng MK17 the same as the Ming Dynasty MK17? It looks identical on Youtube reviews and seems to suffer from the same problems and quality issues. If it is I may be able to source a couple of the MD mags online, but they don’t show up with a Google search either.

A trip to North Lakes is on the cards to trial fit an LDT mag in the BF, but if that draws donuts, short of buying another three or four of these things just for the mags I’m kinda screwed… and I don’t like 'em enough to do that. :laughing:

2 Likes

Ask the shop while you’re there to source you some.

I’ve never seen any spares for sale in my shopping travels, ever. Think it’s one of those no one got spare mags in for it.

There must be some sitting in a warehouse somewhere in the world.

@AKgelblaster might know something.

1 Like

Yeah, you’d think so… I think the factory that knocked them out for BF also make the Ming Dynasty, and there are fairly recent reviews online for them. Can’t find mags for them though.

Only other option is to make up a big arse drum mag for it using the one and only mag I have. :man_shrugging: where’s @Bigmuthadrums when you need him? :joy:

If no original mags are available there’s no going back to stock if I do that though… that’d have to be a last resort. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Maybe even look at the BF M14 mag when you at the shop, think I saw them on their website.

Pic looks like feed tube is too far forward, but worth looking at anything that size. The LDT one does look close comparing pics, but the mag catch notch is in wrong spot, altho as you say easy to mod that.

See that Ming Dynasty, looks like a Bing Feng. I couldn’t see any standalone mags for it either.

1 Like

Yea Ming dynasty is a brand created by BF

2 Likes

I’ve got a BF M15 EBR… with 5 mags. :joy:

Trying out one of the mags in the SCAR was my first line of investigation… no good, the mags are a completely different shape. The M4 mags aren’t rectangular believe it or not.

The back of the mag’s thicker than the front… in other words, they taper towards the front. It will go in the receiver, a bit snug at the back but a scrape with a blade would sort that out. It’s also shorter in the magwell, but if I glued a couple of small strips in strategic places I could square it up okay in the magwell, hold it secure and you’d never really know. :thinking:

The terminals are mislocated but could be moved, the feed tube is miles out too and doesn’t have the collar like the SCAR.

Mag catch is on the back of the EBR mag, but it’s easy enough to put the catch opening on the side like the SCAR.

That’s all relatively easy for me to work around, and might be something I’d do in a pinch, I guess. But it’s still a lot of work… may be a better option than converting my one and only ridgy didge mag into an ugly drum though.

Damn shame I can’t just buy one of these scuzzy buggers though. :wink:

There you go… thought so. :thinking:

Do you know if mags are available outside Australia for these things? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Yes they still exist but most of the shops are not selling the mags, seems a good idea for us to stock a few of these mags as BF are still actively producing the Scar H now. We will

These guys have them for $22…

Then you read this in the body of the description

Don’t ship to Australia. :roll_eyes:

Well, you’ve got a guaranteed sale right here when you do. :+1:

I found this for 50$

I don’t know if it’s compatible though:

Thanks

2 Likes

Yeah, the LDT / Ares M110 mags aren’t compatible. Not even sure it’d fit the magwell. :man_shrugging:

That was my first thought, but no joy. Could be modified in a pinch but that’d be a last resort. Cheers for the post though… :+1:

If you still searching for BF scar mags, have a look:

1 Like

Oh while I think of it just quickly, were there any spare mags for that LH HK417? Couldn’t see any on the site.

These are for BF Ming dynasty scar.
LH HK417 used another mag. If you want to get the mag only, I will make it available for you.

1 Like

That is awesome!! Nicely done! :blush:

I’ll put an order in for a couple on Friday. Good times! :+1:

2 Likes

Ok cool, was just curious at this stage cause it is a blaster I’m interested in but couldn’t find any spare mags to go with it. Thanks.

1 Like

Happy days! That was quick :+1:

1 Like

Two shiny new (and, more importantly, functional) Bing Feng SCAR H MK17 magazines put in my sweaty palms by Australia Post this arvee…

Many many thanks to @AKgelblaster for getting these mags in, the speedy processing of the order and fast shipment. Impressive service. :+1: I’ll certainly be ordering more in the near future.

@GelKid If you’re still looking for these mags, here’s where you get them.

3 Likes