STG44 and MP40

Looks good…does the bolt fully close.?
How long will a full mag last for, under full auto .? (10 seconds, 15 seconds etc.)…

I expect to see a dishwasher pull apart, and rebuild, with a gen 8 gearbox, hi torque motor upgrade, and 4000 psi nozzles…!! :rofl: :rofl:

Yeah the bolt fully closes, just had it open to show the electrickery😅
Growing some new gels now , can test tomorrow :+1:

2 Likes

Cool cool…!!
You might get, a few more orders, for conversions,!

Oh hell no!:flushed:
Not something I want to be doing all the time🤣

2 Likes

You should of left them for BME to do :rofl:

@Bigmuthadrums look out you are famous :+1:

5 Likes

3 Likes

I just picked up the mp 40 a few days ago and I’ve realised the mags are bit of a letdown and I want to improve on them but i don’t have the know-how such as yourself. Do you have any method or guide you could point me in the direction of. Thanks, good sir.

2 Likes

Bigmutha did the mag conversion for me.
Excellent results, great to have a functional mag.

What I did, was buy a XYL ARP-9 magazine.
This mag is of a similar size to the mp40.
Bigmutha used that, for the electric motor to feed from the mag.

He also needed to run some wiring down, and run power down to the
magazine / terminals.

Beyond my skill sets, but i can vouch for the excellent work he did…!!
Quite fiddly too, apparently

Getting a arp-9 mag would be your first order of buisness, x force sell them, and they may do the conversion as well, if Bigmutha doesn’t want to do it…

3 Likes

Azraels have XYL arp 9 mags in stock too. $25 last I looked. Even the drum which works well.

Nice reply BME :+1:

4 Likes

You guys are legends, I’ll start here. Thanks, good sirs!

1 Like

The whole inner assy from the arp mag has to be trimmed down to fit inside the MP40 mag shell.
It’s a pain but can be done with some dremel work to the mag shell.
Plate terminals have to be added to rear of mag shell and mag well insert with wiring added

4 Likes

You done an amazing job with @BME’s mag and can understand not wanting to be the major manufacturer of these conversions for the whole country!

But you did the hard yards and have the intellectual rights of the conversions and what is required for other tinkerers to be able to achieve the same results.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge, I’m sure that it is priceless for those who all are frustrated with the original stupid shaker mags.

It makes sense that they were made by an Airsoft company to use this type of magazine in their conversion to Gelsoft, but it seems that’s where they dropped the ball by not designing a dedicated motor fed gel mag for these…… obviously due to cost of the product.

5 Likes

Thanks mate. I’m sure after a bit of tinkering and trial and error I can make something work with your guy’s tips. You’re a legend!

1 Like

How do you like the MP40 besides the mag? I’ve been wanting one for ages.

I like mine, especially after the mods…
I’m a fan of older / ww2 stuff, like many others.

Be aware, it does feel a bit industrial, (just like the real, mass produced one).

The stock is pretty wobbly, and feels a bit flimsy.
That could be improved, by adding washers, to remove some slop.
I just keep it retracted.

Pretty good performance OOTB, 320 ish fps.
Just be aware a hop up isn’t easy to install, and would ruin the look of it anyway.

Bradley did a good YouTube review vid above, be sure to check that out…!

3 Likes

Yeah, the whole gun is metal, so it’s got a nice weight to it. I’d say without a hop up the most id shoot at someone is 25-30 meters, but you can always put a longer barrel in it and a hop up to be more accurate. But all in all if you want a nice WW2 gel blaster it’s a good pick.

1 Like

awesome … thanks for that

1 Like

@BME hey bme Ive done the mag conversion but I’m still trying to get my head around how the Terminals done to get power from the trigger action to the mag well . If there’s any chance of a picture of it I’d love you dearly🤣