Thread to discuss and share knowledge between members who have interests in the Classic Car Community

Na it wasn’t it was because Germany ceased production of all VW by the 90’s in to the 2000 and flogged all the tooling off to Brazil after Ford bought VW Germany out after the wall fell and flogged it off.

Why I could only get a Brazil made case or heads. Og German twin port heads very saught after as they are quality. Brazil made. Very poor. As I mentioned above, I had to get a brazilian made case but got the og german made heads fixed local bacause the brazillian ones fail way more. Poor casting

Yeah was thinking about trying to find a semi decent condition s pack after adf gap year so I can get some club plates and cruise around some car shows with my uncle. The prices of commodores have gone up so much in the past like 3-4 years even the newer commodores like Vr’s are getting up there

Honestly the Vt’s are way better in terms of looks and apparently the Nissan engines run better but there way to expensive to justify owning one

1 Like

iPad autocorrect…

Gaia is all mother earthly, and all that,
So Siri must have jumped on it…:rofl:

No autocorrect excuses ya fkn hippie! :joy:

The Nissan engines were much earlier in the VL CommonWhores, which were a stopgap measure until Holden could figure out what Engine they could procure from GMH for their next generation vehicles.

After the VL Nissan powered models, they managed to secure another stopgap deal with GMH to use their old Buick V6 engines until Holden eventually got their shit together and engineered/manufactured their own V6 and updated old 5.0 litre V8’s to fill the gap in the following VR/VS/VT models.

1 Like

All because of… emissions.

Get the Buick based 3.8ltr V6, goes like a rocket and the thermostat isn’t squished the fucking firewall with that euro trash 3.6ltr that mechanics will charge you $1800 to change. I’m not joking.

I’ve got the series 3 VS 1999. Which has the “Ecotec” 3.8 V6 as GMHA was trying to still redesign a ute body shape when the VT came out.

Don’t get a VT couple hundred kilos heavier. Big fat pigs with no motor change. No wonder mine goes like the clappers :wink:

The VL Nissan was a swap deal as they shipped the commedore to Japan for rights of a motors which is the 3.0ltr straight six from Nissan. Good motor my Dad hal a brand new turbo model at work to fit guards on it and lit fk out of it in front of GMHA Elizabeth. It was his job.

Holden done it before with Mazda sent to get 13B rotary motor in Kingswood :roll_eyes: fkn Nora

13B Mazda Rotary powered HJ Holden known as the Mazda Roadpacer.

The biggest piece of shit to ever be designed by human beings :roll_eyes:

I have worked on one previously, and I absolutely love the nickname that they were given…… the Mazda “Roadblock”! :joy:

Won’t go into details, but that says a lot about their woeful reputation and reliability.

I’m a huge old school Datsun/Nissan fan, and I had plenty of good times in ex-police pursuit VL Turbo 3.0 litre bogan mobiles :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The VR/VS/VT V6’s and V8’s weren’t half bad, not as powerful as the old Buick V6’s in many ways, but everything that followed after that just got worse and worse with every new model released :worried:

1 Like

Good friend of mine that collects them and restores :+1:

Also this one :laughing:

253 baby 4 speed. The OG paddy wagon.

Love my two fiddy trees, I had quite the reputation back in the day of building 330HP two flies and a flee that were a sweet sensation over most mild 308’s and 350’s :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yea they can run hard.

My friends last trip OS… do you know that guy :thinking: :rofl:

I’m still trying to work it out… not haha

When you gotta kill every last mofo……. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Just found some old pics of the CommonWhores I have been talking about :+1:

Still have the VT sitting outside and looking to getting back on the road again shortly because I have just sold my recent runaround shitbox and need another vehicle to get around in :sunglasses:

1 Like

That’s the one. Haha said na just bumped into him. I said wtf he one of my favourites

Wait you did what. Not the what was it EH. Doc, c’mon man…

1 Like

Oh fk look at you I told ya to clean your rusty truck up you’ll get done. Better Now

On another note WA drought, drought here too. Some movements we are trucking hay out to WA from SA truckloads of it going. Full on.

Yeah…… everything was sold :frowning:

2 Likes