Toughts on a dedicated Wiki / Knowledge Base?

It can be pretty tough for anyone just getting started with blasters, which is why I think we need to maintain a public forum rather than private discord servers that are not indexed and are hard to find.

What does everyone think about having a dedicated wiki for all the common questions & issues people run into? I know the old forum had some great posts with this sort of stuff, but they were not always easy to find.

Screenshot 2022-07-24 at 5.12.59 pm

Some examples off the top of my head:

• How to grow & store gell balls
  • Battery guide
  • CO2, GBB, AEG, HPA, Greengas - what does it all mean?
  • How to maintain a gas blowback pistol.
  • Top 5 blasters for new players (maybe include a poll?)
    etc, etc

I have found a plugin with most of the functionality, so it’s not hard to set up, but we would need some of the gurus to help out with the content.

• Good idea, but It will never work!
  • I dont see the point
  • Great idea

0 voters

4 Likes

Great idea. Problem with forums is that the information gets disaggregated over many posts. A wiki would consolidate knowledge around a topic but would have to allow for variations in opinions - e.g AKAs vs Ultra Elites

5 Likes

That should be pretty easy to pull off, if we’ve got dedicated enough writing staff. Just throw in a ‘x vs y’ section so people can get all the arguments and make up their own minds.

3 Likes

Oh I’m absolutely gonna import my retailer list from the Reddit if we end up using a wiki, by the way.

1 Like

I thought you abandoned the sport. There werent any posts about blasters from you on reddit recently
Its good to have you back

1 Like

I agree. I’ll get started on the backend side of things :+1:

Any volunteers to get a couple of basic entries together? They don’t have to be perfect as they will evolve over time, but we need something to get started.

2 Likes

Writing is my jam, I’ll take a few articles.

I can do:
List of Retailers
Recommended Starting Blasters
Wells (or the GBB section at least)
WE Tech
Double Bell
JG Works

4 Likes

I’ve got nothing to add to the topic but what is the discord channel?

Thanks, @JazzyWard :fire:

I have no idea, but I saw some chatter about a few discord servers on reddit.

1 Like

There is a few GSAU, Danger Close ran by TJ26 from GBF.

5 Likes

I’m sure I can help out with batteries/charges and basic electrical stuff on the early models, but have very little experience with the modern FCU’s and MOSFET Systems :confused:

Have plenty of experience with beginners blasters…. but again, cannot give any details on anything released after the WA Bans in July 2021. :cry:

5 Likes

I will help out where I can with information🤔
So sad to know what was lost from the other forum😞

3 Likes