Upcoming Blasters and Products

I remember seeing on discord Low Guido commented to them “but why when gen8 mags exist”, and I have to somewhat agree. I run SLR mags, and all 6 of the ones I own fed my 46rps dsg no problem.

So the pros to these mags (IMO)
+no need for mag terminals
+fast feeding???
+no motor or wires to worry about
+less/minimal mag priming
Cons
-probably will only run ultra hard gels

IMO, every M4 blaster already has terminals, and it is not that hard to convert them to run gen8/slr mags… stock slr mags can sustain well to the 46rps mark (fastest blaster I have owned and tested thoroughly), and you can easily change the mag motor to go faster, though my opinion on anything over 30rps is not making friends, it is showing off though.

The other issue with them I forsee, is the gel ball catch. you know the bit that stops all the balls yeeting out everywhere unless it is locked in the mag well… yeah, jam them in a mag pouch is it going to empty itself into your pouch like a teenage boys sock.

I know I am being a skeptic, but to me it seems like classic Aztech stuff… fixing a problem that didn’t exist, answering a question nobody asked. I can see use case scenarios for them… my you exist in a country with a/s, and just a nozzle, barrel and tpiece swap gets you throwing gels over there… and for that, I am all for more gel blasters everywhere. We will see.

Very well thought out points and educated comments :ok_hand:
I didn’t even think about the gel stopper issue that’s always been a pain in the arse with GBB Magazines in retaining spring pressure under the gels…… also requiring the exact right compound hardened gels to function properly :roll_eyes:

On that note, despite all of the plusses of not being electric fed mags, it could also be actually adding those GBB Mag issues into the equation :thinking:

As you mentioned about their products always seemingly being rushed into the market, even though they have said to have spent many months testing and developing……… they somehow always have had reliability issues and had to follow up with 2.0 versions of their products.

I’m actually excited to see how they perform in the real world environment, and would be awesome if they do become a successful product.

As for stupid RPS, that’s never been my thing anyway, preferring the old klunk ker chunk type of fire rates that mimic the original mechanical designs……… but fully understand the need for speed in the different groups within this hobby/sport :+1:

SIJUN TTI TR1 likely ready for release by the end of this year :thinking:

Yet another M4 variant for something different on the market :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Need more bulpups, there are so many varieties to chose from and most could use the same gearboxes, or already exist in Airsoft.

Would love to see the OTS Groza and L85/SA80 family along with some of the more modern bulpups too, just for some variety, hell even an EM2 would be a nice change.

1 Like

Nobody ain’t never going to make my favourite bullpup :pensive:

SAR-21 my beloved.

SAR21

3 Likes

Two main niches that haven’t been touched in gel blasters is lmg’s and snipers sure we have the vsr10 platform and the awm platform but in airsoft there considered the basic platforms so more variety would be better

1 Like

Yep… more bullpups. :+1:

An a/s version of the Desert Tech MDR-X is available… be nice to see one in gel config.

2 Likes

Well if we’re playing bullpups I’ll have a…

It’s Croatian and it looks like business. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

I remember reading about that one. Was thinking it was the Vektor South African one. The mob that made ok Galils in the R4, R5. I recall the 21 was used in an asian country for a bit as well .

I remember it from that bloody movie with the PRAWNS District 9 it used this firearm painted white iirc. :laughing:

1 Like

That’s funny, I was following the dev of the MDR for a few years but then I got old and sick of reading the yanks whinging about it on forums what century it was coming to fruition. Took literal years. I’d have to look it up. Way too long to gain any traction.

Gotta be heavily inspired by the French Famas…

2 Likes

Now that’s something uglier than an OWEN!

2 Likes

Butt fuggin ugly but I’d still fondle the Famas for awhile. Some of the Utoob footage of the french in Afghanistan cutting sick with it is good viewing, they love their rifle grenades launched off the Famas. Their language too, so hectic.

Nearly all of the bullpups have high sight planes. All of them are fighting rifles, bigger hellmutts with ear pro, comms strapped on and all sorts of shit raises your cheek weld a fair bit these days. You see some traditional like AK series and using modern kit they have the butt in their arm pit as they can’t get down on it.

1 Like

I think I’ll stick with my much loved OWEN over that Pup :joy:

The FAMAS just gets worse the more I look at it!

1 Like

Got to love the Aus history of our scrabble for a sub gun. Read about the Austen? I like that one. :+1:

Yes, have had a fascination with all things War/Military/Weapons and Machines since I was a kid, something to do with the family service I imagine :joy:

The whole history of the era of the invention and development of SMG’s was a total clusterfk in reality.

The AUSTEN was okay, but never reached the capabilities of the OWEN.

The OWEN has a very interesting story itself, but the rest of the British and Australian Firearms fighting and squabbling together to bastardise different designs and models had more failures than successes :roll_eyes:

At least the OWEN was a deadset legend right through the whole shitshow right the way through everything that it was asked to do right up to the Vietnam War and beyond :ok_hand:

1 Like

Used to have a couple of deac Owens in the office - one with a blocked barrel and one with a welded bolt. Boss wasn’t too pleased when I swapped the operating bolt into the one with the “good” barrel. Another snippet of useless information is that the wife’s grandfather was a gunsmith that worked with the guys from Lysaghts during Owens development.

One day I’ll get around to finishing my gen 8 powered Owen

2 Likes
1 Like

Makes the pulse rifle look cheap….

1 Like

Thats a shotgun? looks more like a rifle then anything.

1 Like