You Tube Strikes Again

Looks like YouTube has changed its policy on firearms videos

It is banning any video sponsored by a firearms, ammunition or accessory manufacturer and is removing past videos that have previously been sponsored.

Not sure how Hickock ot TVB, etc are going to protect years of videos

What again? They just changed it in June 18 for blocking content showing how to remove safety devices, full auto and age restriction.

All the ones I watch are still going as of fresh posts 2 hours ago and no mention of this.

This is Hickocks notification

Yea that’s the one been in for a month. The channel can get around it by demonetizing afaik.

Aw man and I was starting to like Garand Thumb’s content.

I’m still seeing current and recent content from Garand Thumb, Brendon Herrera, 9-Hole Reviews, Polenar Tactical, Demolition Ranch, etc… :man_shrugging:

They have work arounds for it, Brandon’s recent video on the M2 browning taking the piss for example. They weren’t retrospectively deleting old videos just de-monetizing then to my understanding.
Plus they have started a new platform that a lot of guntubers have joined, Pepperbox, so they still post censored stuff to YouTube but would probably be making more from Pepperbox now.

Yea they post to other channels un edited. Rumble is another a few went to a while ago like MAC. They still post on utube but with naughty bits cut out.

They also demonetize and rely on sponsors and other ways viewers can donate to fund the channel and stfu utube income.

A lot of viewers have dropped their Utube premium subscriptions because of the last changes on June 18th. I don’t subscribe to them just Ublock their shit and they can get stuffed. Supposed to be a free streaming service now they are getting greedy.

Yeah it’s like why would I pay to use a service that is actively trying to remove the content I want to watch on said platform.

I have no issues with ads, when it’s not overly intrusive or long winded, but I’m not going to support a platform that’s screwing with the creators it needs for revenue.

should try Nebula. I know Forgotten Weapons is on floatplane.