ZY UZI Pro Gel Blaster

Received my Uzi Pro from iHobby today, didn’t get a chance to shoot it before work thou, will fiddle with it tomorrow.
AK Gelblaster has already done a video on YouTube covering this blasters teardown etc so I wont go into the details they cover.

Most of the structure is nylon, with the top rail/battery cover, magazine, those two large pins on the lower and charging handle, the muzzle thread protector as well as the rear plate for stock adaption are metal, although the pins and mag are the only things that are magnetic so I assume the other parts are aluminium or something. good bit of weight, particularly top heavy ,naturally, although it balances out a bit once a mag is inserted.

oddly the stock plate has threaded hole instead of just drilled ones. I’ll be designing a stock adaptor to go on there at some point.

Battery actually doesn’t look like one of those cheap shitty ones. Thought these ran 7.4v but turns out it 11.1v. Very small battery too but still couldn’t get it to fit in the battery cavity.

Magazine feels pretty sturdy, plate on the base slides off allowing the internals to slide out the bottom…

…in the same style as the CYMA mags and others, only a small detent holds it in place but it’s fairly snug so I don’t have any concerns about it coming off on it’s own.

two tabs on the top stop the internals from coming out the top, it’s just a square metal tube otherwise. even with no internals it still pretty rigid, no flexing.

aforementioned lack of batter space, AKGB suggests using a mock PEQ battery box to store a larger battery but there’s no clear way to run the short cable outside the body without modification, but will investigate this more once I start pulling things apart more.

Bevel and Sector gear use bearings whilst the Spur is just a bushing. No idea on these motors, I know they’re still upgradable but that’s about the extent of my knowledge.

FCU in the rear with a micro switch for the mag prime, this is a self timed prime too, so you pull the charging handle, release and it runs the mag for about a second or two. I does however only do this when it’s not in safe.

The fire selector is also just an electronic switch so even in safe the trigger can still move, thou it does have the grip safety like the beaver tail safeties on Hi-Capa’s.

The “Blowback” is just a the dust cover ejection port that cycles with the piston and is simply attached by a square peg protruding out the side of the gearbox under the motor

Built in hop-up is yet to be seen how effective it is, non adjustable seems like a but of a half arsed effort but we’ll see, again AKGB suggests replacing the barrel with a slightly longer one and using a standard hop-up in their video

the outer barrel is nylon but the 14mm CCW thread is flat on the top and bottom so you don’t have to worry about damaging the thread if you grub screw on a muzzle device or something.

4 Likes

Thanks for mentioning, yup the battery space is really small, requiring to trim a hole to run a bigger battery outside.

Classic uzi, Classic uzi, Classic uzi…

thats 3 times, works for beeteljuice…So…

Great look see into this little Uzi… cheers! :+1: quality pics too, always appreciated.

Looks like a complex little beastie, interested to see how it chooches with that 11.1v battery… and any solutions you might come up with to make that space a little larger.

Nice to see more blasters coming out with XT-30 connectors too.

Short barrel syndrome…
show us that fps…!!

They’re advertising 250 fps,lets see what it produces…

A classic uzi would have a longer barrel, just saying…!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

The one in your conversion will be a long boy, that’s for sure. :rofl:

Nice, that’s a copy of the ECSMG Gearbox. Should have bushings through out, not ball bearings. Likely manufacture or cost reasons :person_shrugging:

Nice replica of the UZI pro looks really close.

Now all we need is an actual Micro UZI… hint hint :rofl: :+1:

Also Hobbyking have started in australia again if you can get your measure on and maybe match up a Turnigy :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah not even close

Would be in part to the short barrel, as with the MP5k so would benefit from a longer barrel.

In saying that it’s VERY accurate.

2 Likes

Might be a bit hard to see, tree’s about 10m

Using X-Force pinkies. Am finding the mag jams a little, hence the shake but other than that it feeds perfectly.

Also there’s really nothing you can remove from the battery space, thou I did manage to squeeze it in there

2 Likes

That’s awesome for short and compact. Accurate enough. Thanks for the show :+1:

I mainly wanted it as a sidearm for a couple of my other blasters that have engagement limits, think it will fill that role perfectly with how its performing so far.

Oh, you can take the top rail off and it exposes an opening…

But it’s not forward enough to allow the battery wires out, you’d just get the plug out and that’s as far as it’ll reach.

Quickly did up a display stand for it, nothing fancy. You could balance it on just the magwell if it wasn’t flared a bit.

2 Likes

Hmm bit different to the UZI Micro SA only pistols we had back in the day. But why IWI made the PRO run fair bit different. Side charging etc