Ak mag compatibility

I 100% agree on the mag being incorrect for many of their models… tbh I have bought two double bell AKs, both are correct to have a 7.62x39 mag.
If you want the 5.45 mag, RX mags fit if you file the catch on either the blaster of the mag. And it is not alot you have to file, just make sure to keep the angle right and it will work.
I just haven’t looked much to find a 5.45 mag yet, as I currently don’t own any models that would take it. I will probably procure the SLR “krink” as it has the correct mag, but there are a couple of models that I want if I can find a bunch of 5.45 mags too.
I understand your pain.

1 Like

like i understand the more widespread availability by making the one mag for all models but id still love for my correct chambered looking mags lol

4 Likes

By far the best magazine for AK in build quality and reliability is the Alpha King 74 mag.

MAGAZINE ALPHA KING AK-74/AK-105 – tactical rampage

RX magazines are junk and only fit for the bin.

1 Like

thank you! will it need modifying for the double bell rifles?

That I do not know 100%. Wait for an owner of one which I think is replying now.

1 Like

Can’t speak for the alpha king ak mags in terms of quality but the Rx bakelite ones are excellent quality and used by many.
Unfortunately the alpha king mags will not work in aps or double bell ak models as the mag contacts are different.

The ones I used in Double Bell AK mods are the rx ones

4 Likes

Huh? I have an APS AK74 and use the Alpha King mags, the terminals are correct.

RX fit too but their reliability is shithouse and they are 7.62 shape.

2 Likes

Top one is alpha king per Google. Bottom is Rx which I have :person_shrugging:

I dunno your top photo is for the old Alpha king AK design. I think we’re getting wires crossed. NVM the bottom style is the best one I’ve come across. Top one only fits the old Alpha King.
Bottom bakelite is the newer model and made by Alpha King.

This one RX RX AKM 47 Magazine - Spare Mag for Gel Blasters | Buy Now! – Tactical Edge Hobbies = throw in bin is shizen.

1 Like

Ah didn’t know there was a new version, that makes sense👍 the 545 bakerlite ones used to be Rx branded a little while ago. I got mine back in 2022 from Safari Zoomer and it looks like they still have stock

3 Likes

It’s all good. Thought I was going insane. They are the ones. Exactly where I bought them from too when another forum member cleaned em out of stock :laughing:

You are correct they do label them as RX. But I refrain from calling them that as nobody knows which one it is, RX drum mag even.

Anywho I think the Alpha King 74 mags are what the op is looking for. I’m just not 100% they fit the double bell ak. I 99% think they do :person_shrugging:

2 Likes

I use RX bakelite style mags in my APS, RX and Double Bell AK blasters. Never tried Alpha King branded ones.

2 Likes

Ren Xiang is just another of the many Chinese toy factories. They even make robot dinosaurs :rofl:

1 Like

Thanks for this - Have been looking for a plastic replacement mag for ages. I bought this mag at TacEdge on the hope it might fit my Double Bell AK. In short, it “fits”.

Its a better magazine than the metal that came with it. The issue is, it wont feed unless you pull the magazine towards you 1-2 mm (which aligns the t-piece and connectors). It could be a worthy conversion project though as the mag feels solid compared to its predecessor.

will tinker more!

The plastic one was better than the metal one for me but I still had trouble with the front locking tab cracking after some use and feeding. Good luck

I had a similar issue. Try removing a bit of material from the front locking lip of the mag. Others trim the mag release a couple of mm on the blaster.

2 Likes

hey man that handguard is epic, where did you get it?

1 Like

From AzraelsArmoury. They no longer stock the item AFAIK.

APS AK74L. Was first decent AK type to hit Oz.

1 Like

thats a shame, do you know of any other brands which can get a mlok handguard

1 Like

No sorry mate unaware. Hopefully somebody else knows.