AK47 Purchasing Advice

Hi all,

Wanting to get a metal/wood AK47 blaster so that I can weather it up and make it look like it’s been lying in the Mogadishu diet since '93. Also needs to be a decent blaster.

I’ve found 2 that might fit the bill, would appreciate any buying advice from the more experienced.

The double bell would be my pick of the two.
Way more reliable. And if I’m not mistaken, on sale quite often.

1 Like

Was it an AK-47 you were after or an AK-74? :thinking:

Might not be an issue for you, but there is a difference… muzzle brake and buttstock mainly.

The AK-47 buttstock doesn’t have the groove in it like the AK-74s above.

Not trying to be a picky smartarse but if you were looking for something like a Vietnam era AK it would matter. :+1:

1 Like

I’m after the AK-47, not the 74.

I shot a full auto AK-47 in Vietnam last month, hence the sudden interest :grin:

3 Likes

Yeah, they’re cool little units, da? :wink:

Don’t think I’ve seen a correct AK blaster yet. 74 with 47 mag, furniture etc.

My APS very early model still is one of my most reliable.

Double Bell, got one myself and it’s a little unit, only complaint is it shoots too hard for my local field and is restricted, was chrono’ing between 360>380 on X-Force black label gels.

As General said too it goes on sale quite frequently.

1 Like

Seems like the double bell is the gee oh. Thanks for the replies. Will wait patiently for the next sale

which double bell variant is it? I want as harder hitting fps as possible

Any of the full length double bells hit hardest, though having a ported cylinder instead of a full cylinder will see fps drop in full auto on 11v. Simple fix and then mine hits 380-390fps on full auto 11v. It’s nuts for a almost stock blaster.

It does bug me that there just isn’t any perfect replica aks in gel. All have a wrong mag, stock, flash hider/brake… none are perfect replicas. But we get what we get.
And I like aks all the same.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ve never understood why nobody made a faithfull replica… they never get it right. :man_shrugging:

As good as it is, the DB AKM-47 isn’t an accurate AK. More like a hybrid 47/74.

1 Like

so not aks model then?

having trouble finding the right one in stock

Which AK are you looking for?

Atomic Armoury, CEH and StingOpsTactical are all showing stock of a few DB AK variants.

It was this one, though I bought it from Tac Edge but they don’t range it anymore, no one send to get this particular model anymore after looking.

Edit: just realized it was the one OP originally linked too.

1 Like

cheers mate,

@Friendly_Fire was hoping for one with wood furnishings minus the chunky stock as it’s a bit bulky for my liking. basically the hardest hitting wood furnished without the bulky stock, folding if possible I guess, gotta have that up to 390fps would be lovely

I’ve seen what little they had and wasn’t really wowed by the current in stock items, may have to purchase a different stock that suits perhaps… I dunno, I’m pretty choosy lol it is after all a decent amount of money thrown at them, at least for me anyway

@shadow187 It comes down to personal taste and I don’t know if you like the AKS variant but if I was buying an AK…

1 Like

@Jug This the one?

StingOpsTactical are showing stock of one… although I’ve never bought from them before. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

for op sting ops has this one cheaper
I think it’s the same one Double Bell AK GEL BLASTER 023 - Gel Blaster Guns, Pistols, Handguns,

not sure I like the look of the last one I posted

I did see that one and actually had it in my cart from taccytoys but is it one capable of 390fps stock. doubt I’ll ever hit a field although one day maybe, just not with that as it wouldn’t be allowed at most due to fps

Yeah, pretty much anything with a metal gearbox and metal gears is capable of 390FPS… usually not straight out of the box though.

Don’t forget, RokSolid swapped out his ported cylinder for a full one to achieve that.

I’d say all the DB AKs are using the same box so it should be doable.

1 Like