Bi-carb gel growing

water temperature in our gel balls. Well, I tell you my experience, I live in the south of Spain and I always buy the balls from the red package, I’ll leave you a photo, I don’t know what brand they are, the only thing I know is that in summer they grew perfectly and in winter they didn’t grow well so Here the temperature varies a lot and especially the temperature of… well yes… the water temperature in summer is around 21 or 22 degrees Celsius, in winter it drops to 18 or 19 degrees Celsius… I think this is the main problem with the growth of at least these balls

2 Likes

Temps really doesn’t have anything much to do with growing gels.

There’s been plenty of opinions over the years about the type of water, temperatures, agitation during growth, growth times etc….,

But honestly, chuck your gels in a 2 litre milk/coke bottle and leave on the kitchen bench for the recommended 4 hours for standard sized gels.

After that time, drain through a kitchen sieve and chuck the gels back into the bottle and keep in your fridge door/shelf for later use.

Aa long as you have the right gels that are matched to your barrel size, you really can’t go wrong :+1:

Oh, those are LDTs. They were the first step forward in harder gel balls, and used to be my favourite before I moved on to AKAs. Keep an eye out for these (or maybe ask your gel blaster vendor to import some!), they are the next step again, and are the bare minimum for GBB pistols.

I still have many packages of these red bags, I also have these I bought recently to try

Regarding the temperature, I don’t know 100% if it will be this, but it is the only explanation I give you, the first package was of perfect sizes, but the second one has been disastrous, smaller and larger balls, so I don’t know… :man_shrugging:t4:

Those were good too. Not as hard, so not as good for GBB, but heavier, so better for AEG range and accuracy.

1 Like

Warinterest gels are a fine gel and consistent in size. Your temperature variation of 4 celcius should not make a difference especially when I grow in 10 celsius or 45 celsius rainwater.
What water do you use? The cleaner and pure the better.

1 Like

certainly in the two ball cultures use the same water, tap water :man_shrugging:t4::confused:

1 Like

Depends how good your tap water is, high in fluoride or chlorine like a lot are in certain places of AUS can give odd ball results.

But also you could just have some bad batches of gels which has happened a lot in the past.

Oh yeah???

Where do you get yours? Tactical edge weren’t interested in getting any in for me

Oh I don’t buy them any more. Hell, I haven’t bought any at all in months, because I’m waiting for my SA permit to clear, but before I sent my blasters buck up north, I was running Ultra Elites.

My progression just went

Gold pack milkies > LDT milkies > AKAs > Ultra Elites.

2 Likes

Armoured Heaven has some Tenacity gels in stock

1 Like

Rather than bicarb gel growing I’ve been finding iHobby gels are round as of 2hrs so anywhere from then on you can decide between 7.1mm in size to 7.5mm in size based purely on time.

Also finding they go to shit and oversize after 4hrs so if you want some 8mm gels that’s also on the table.

1 Like

I got three packets of gels thrown in with the AUG I ordered from One Shot… a packet of LDT heavy milkies and these two…

No frickin’ idea what they are, but the do all kinda look the same undeveoped. :man_shrugging:

You need some gel aid with those :rofl: