Closed Down (Retailers) Updated

Sorry bud but Iā€™ll never forget that screeching pimple faced liar that hadnā€™t dropped itā€™s balls. :rofl: And his efforts on GBF forum saying itā€™s all too hard to keep up with problems with blasters and doesnā€™t have the time.

But fair heā€™s moved on so the business should be better nowā€¦ if they were open that is :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Spot on. Communication is key. Radio silence hints at nothing being done.

I rely on exact and clear communication all the time or you have really big f ups for my business. Truck driver rings and running 45mins late, no problem at least I know and itā€™s fine. Instead of me trying to back track through agents and trucking companies to find out where the truck is or if itā€™s coming at all.

2 Likes

Website has new address a 77 Balham Rd Archerfield (think it is Rocklea). Looks like they are moving around the corner and down the road

1 Like

Yes and I see there are only 5 stores now listed for M4A1: [Contact Us | Best Gel Blaster Supplier Australia ā€“ M4A1 Gelblaster]

Interesting that Ipswich and Rockhampton are now branded Geltactical, which I think was the M4a1 US branding. Company being split up?

The company is dividing up between owners. At least Geltactical owner appears to be working on getting some stock. M4a1 has less blasters on their wall than I do, I have less than half my blasters on my wall! I probably have more parts and accessories too! The bar is pretty low though :rofl:

1 Like

Not closed any more

east customs is closing down just saw on fb

1 Like

Can you link their site at all? Canā€™t seem find them.

Edit: nevermind found it, was almost on page two of the googles :sweat_smile:
They have practically nothing noteworthy to offer anyway.

Danny hanging up his bong?

Oh was this the fuckwit abusing ppl cause they complained about their shit service and products?

3 Likes

ā€¦ and his dremel

bonuschars

Yupā€¦ā€¦. thatā€™s the one!

Ahhh, no surprise then theyā€™re closing and have little to no stock on offer.

Canā€™t imagine why he was having trouble with customs/ABF :roll_eyes:.

Be interested to see if the few dumb enough to have preorders with them will get their full refund and how quickly.

Kinda got mixed feelings, on this oneā€¦

Going broke in buisness, is no joke.

In terms of stressful life events, its right up there with getting divorced / loss of a loved oneā€¦

Iā€™m not defending danny, his personality, or buisness practises.

Another shop closes.
The gel market shrinks and retracts, a little bit more.

Iā€™m not one to wish, suffering on another, nor rejoice at anothers misfortuneā€¦ unless they are truly horrendous people.

Often, going bankrupt has a knock on effectā€¦you lose your buisness, your home, your partnerā€¦ and possibly even moreā€¦

I wouldnā€™t wish that on anyoneā€¦

3 Likes

While this is all true and I agree with you, this guy was inevitably going to implode. He operates from home so I doubt heā€™s going to be bankrupt.
Iā€™ve been through the failed business ordeal myself and wouldnā€™t wish it on anyone, even this asshole.

1 Like

Ditto there - I ran my own business for 7 years, and the last 2 were horrible. I should have shut it down much earlier but tried to ride it out. Affects every single part of your life. You feel like a failure in front of your family and friends. You lose confidence in your decision making. You look at your dwindling bank account while the bills roll in and you cant sleep. It was horrid and got to the point that the only way to end it is to give up on yourself (aka your business). Went back to the workforce and havenā€™t looked back. Business just ainā€™t for some people and im one of them.

But ā€¦ I got told Iā€™ll be redundant at end of May by my employer last month. I got some notice at least, but no where is safe from change nor failure.

Onwards regardless! (Sure didnt feel that way in the 2 weeks after finding out though)

4 Likes

One of the bravest things you can do, is go into buisness for yourselfā€¦

No days off, every day is a challenge, fight or dieā€¦

Unfortunately, the truth is , most small buisnessā€™s dont surviveā€¦
But , being brave enough, to have a go, is always good thingā€¦
Most people donā€™t have the courage, to even tryā€¦

ā€œBetter to have loved and lost, than never loved at allā€¦ā€

Hope you can find some work soon, we live in the world of the idiot generation, so if your a half decent, reliable personā€¦you should be able to find somethingā€¦

Good luckā€¦!!

1 Like

The only reason why I ā€œretiredā€ from work was to get out of the mind numbing repetitiveness of 18 years working in a Fabrication/Machining/Fitting and Light Vehicle workshop, where the money was insanely good considering we really only worked an actual 3 months worth of days a year due to the shifts we were onā€¦ā€¦ā€¦. but I simply couldnā€™t carry on with the ā€œGroundhog Dayā€ routine.

Once the kids were born, it got even worse when it became extremely difficult to juggle a Mentally Disabled Son and Shift Rosters/Work Schedules/Time off.

I simply quit and had no other job lined up at the time, but I was also running my own Hot Rod/Custom/Classic Car Business from my massive home workshop on my days off throughout all of those years in mining anyway.

So this put the idea into my head to go and visit a Hot Rod Business in the nearest largest City and see if they were looking for any workersā€¦ā€¦. which they werenā€™t at the time, so I just offered to go work there for 2 weeks unpaid and see where things went.

They were impressed with my skills and gave me a job offer that I took and stayed there until the Owner had to close the business due to health reasons.

This is when I went ā€œwhat the heck, Iā€™ll open my own Workshop/Businessā€, which I did in the same City and took on many of the old clients and customers, which gave me a very good head start, especially as I was also offered to purchase most of the old tools and equipment from the original Hot Rod Business :+1:

I ran the business by myself as a Sole Trader and had a friend who took care of all the Secretarial/Tax/GST/Paperwork etc, which meant that I had very little outgoings, overheads and no wages going out to other employees.

It was hard work considering that I had to build a whole vehicle from the ground up right through to registered and driving all on my own, with only the panel/paintwork being outsourced, I did everything else myselfā€¦ā€¦ā€¦ but this also allowed me to work whatever hours I wanted to work, could close the doors at any given moment if I had to go and deal with my Sons Schooling/Health issues, take days/weeks off whenever needed ā€¦ā€¦ and most importantly, every single day was a different challenge and experience never really knowing what was going to roll through the door!

Yes running your own business is extremely difficult and tiring, but it also comes down to the type of business and the support you have to be able to make it work successfully with the least amount of stress possible.

I am in the same boat as my original Employer, where Iā€™ve had to walk away due to health reasons and hand everything over to my old business partner to carry on under his own name/control.

Iā€™m still giving him a hand with electrical and mechanical work to finish a couple of long term builds, but then Iā€™m out and actually enjoying not having the extra work involved with running a business for the first time in decades :ok_hand::sunglasses:

1 Like

It definitely has itā€™s ups and downs thatā€™s for sure, think Iā€™ve mentioned it more than enoughā€¦ more ups than what I used to do and what Iā€™ve looked at moving on to so hereth I stay for now and grit my teethā€¦