Current project on your bench

Haven’t really used it yet cause it’s not complete, but I’ve got a number of blasters that have 3D printed parts and they hold up just fine under normal use.

The only time I’ve actually broken a blaster was a metal barrel I whacked on a wall and it just took of the muzzle.

I’ve been running my ADAR the last few games and it holds up just fine and that was only PLA+, I don’t thrash my blasters like you see rentals do either.

I got some ABS I want to try but I’m not look forward to that :confused:

1 Like

Gives me a little bit of hope then. I’m in the process of converting an old “oceanic” brand mp5 and a gen 8 into a working aeg mp5k. But I have to design the whole front end and print it.

1 Like

If it’s an MP5 receiver you’re working with there were a number of MP5k handguards on Thingy and the like for a variety of makes, depending on how its held on other than the pin at the front.

Give petg a go. It’s not much harder to get a good print than pla, only slightly more tuning and research. It does print good bit hotter though so metal hot end is needed. But the advantage of awesome layer adhesion and won’t deform in the summer sun.

Oh my printers are very much capable of printing PETG and I have done so in the past, my Ender was a bit finicky with it sometimes and it would require some post processing which wasn’t and issue just time consuming and lack of motivation sometimes.

I got a P1S last week and that’s been printing mint ( what the N3DP was printed on) and I want to try their CF filaments cause they got some nice colours, cbf painting sometimes.

1 Like

The receiver I’m working with actually got given to me by a member of the old forums. They thought it was a jm but it’s turned out it’s not. It needs a bunch of mods to even fit a gen 8 box properly. Which I don’t mind as I use build like this to extend my knowledge base. The reciever itself is from a group of mp5’s that came out just when the sport was going from 9-11mm gels to 7-8. So safe to say it’s old. So the whole front end I’m having to design from the ground up and print myself.

I honestly don’t mind as if nothing else it’s a good learning experience. and I can mod it to work with my ldt mags

1 Like

Post up some pics… curious to see what you’ve got there. :thinking:

Sounds like a very cool project to work on. :+1:

1 Like

Did you remeber to grab the ams tho? im looking at getting one for myself because im so done with my enders.

Yeah I got the AMS. I was kinda the same with the enders, I got an ender 3 S1 and that goes pretty good, but it’s more the firmware side im not fussed on, like they’ve limited the amount of settings you can to let with to get it printing how you want.

The current models don’t really have aftermarket firmware available either, no decent ones I could find at least.

The P1’s are limited too but require much less fiddling ootb to get a good print, plus being able to remote access to monitor and start prints is helpful too.

You can either setup a print and send it to memory from the PC app, then you can remotely start it from the phone app later. You can also download and start prints through the app with basic settings, or use other pls profiles they’ve posted.

ive mostly given up on my enders because of the hoops to even find a new bed sheet where bambu just sells them on their store.

Like the spring steel PEI ones? You can get them off Amazon, there’s plenty of generic ones.

Who’d have thought that an MP5 A2 handguard would look so good on a Scorpion EVO 3? :thinking:

Minimal fettling to fit, also doubles as a battery slot for the forward wired Le Hui. Pressure switch momentary on / strobe flashlight function too. :+1:

Just needs a pin now.

3 Likes

hey guys, so I’ve got my partners Kublai p4 magazine and from what I can tell the issue appears to be this large oring looking pretty loose n sloppy

should I be concerned about the end of the aluminium pipe being mis-shaped on the inner end or is this normal? looks like it’s been kinked with pliers and I definitely didn’t do that

this one looks a little janky as well on the bottom valve, these two below were the culprits

no air/gas bubbles, think that’s done the trick :call_me_hand:t2:

Great that you got it sorted.Sometimes a loose o ring doesn’t mean it’ll leak, strangely.

They take the shape of the part of the mag they slide into usually, and with the pins in should seal okay. :man_shrugging:

Ah, leaks at the mag base… I gave up trying different o rings in my Double Bell mags and ended up resorting to epoxy. :rofl:

Mofo don’t leak now. :wink:

yeah I’m glad too, was trying to search for the comments you guys posted about it but couldn’t find it :confused: so just bit the gel and grabbed an o ring kit n crossed my fingers one would suit.

mightn’t be much to some of the more experienced users on here but I’m proud of myself because my hands don’t work properly due to nerve damage so fiddly tasks suck, n saving money on getting it fixed professionally is always a bonus, plus I’ve got spares for next time :+1:t2:

baby steps I know, but slowly finding my way around these things and the help I’ve received from this forum has been greatly appreciated :call_me_hand:t2:

Had a similar thing with one of my AAP mags, tech and I at X-Force tried so many o-rings and gaskets before trying a stock standard green o-ring from a piston and its worked ever since.

yeah I wanted to use green nitrile O rings because I read they could stand up to cold temperatures better than the black ones but the kit I got didn’t have the right size so I need to invest in a better kit with more sizes

also need one of those mini electric screwdriver tools, as well as more tool tools

images (24)

not that kind of tool @Maiphut :rofl:

1 Like

Oh har har :rofl: :+1:

Don’t forget to get a sticker for your MP40 that says

ACHTUNG!! DAS MASHINENPISTOLE IS NICHT FER GEFINGERPOKEN!

Get on for your toolbox too. :+1:

DANGER!! THE SUB-MACHINE GUN IS NOT THE FINGERPOKEN!

I like it, however I like this one more

Fass mich verdammt noch mal nicht an

:rofl: